upgrade with a cassette player

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ditton, Feb 16, 2004.

1. ditton

ditton happy old soul

My opportunity to thank the Cookiemonster for the gift of his Denon 610 cassette player. This now sits on top shelf of my Mana rack to allow me access to all those music cassettes I bought in the era between BC and AD: Before Children and After Departure.

Before Children, well strictly before they crawled, I had a vinyl collection. These and the TT were put away when they started crawling and I took to buying and playing cassettes - regrettably I have a few as it was a while (the 1990s) before I admitted that CDs had arrived - and then family first expenditure meant that 'upgrading' to CD was not sensible.

Dino's Denon now sings through a better amp (AudioLAb 8000S) and speakers (JMLab Electra 905s) than my tapes have sung before - and I've got lots of old friends to listen to ...

ta

ditton, Feb 16, 2004
  2. ditton

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Looking forward to getting my serviced Nakamichi DR2 off of Pink FIsh; I traded most of my music cassettes, but still have all my old NOW albums and cassingles, and about 25 other pre-recordeds, plus about 300 home made tapes...

The Pioneer, Technics and Philips (DCC) decks I have are all well and good, but no Naks :)

Tape still has a place IMHO :)

Anyone got a Revox A77 low speed going???

domfjbrown, Feb 16, 2004
  3. ditton

cookiemonster

Glad its ok.

I made sure that my new 'rig' boasted a cassette player. I have about 80 cassettes, but primarily i just use it for recording off the radio and then playing back in the car.

cheers

cookiemonster, Feb 17, 2004
Ask a Question