Upgraded B&W CDM 9NT

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by django5, Dec 18, 2013.

1. django5

django5

For sale is a pair of Bowers and Wilkins (B&W) CDM 9NT floorstanding speakers, in redstained cherry finish. The cabinet is made of real solid wood as you would expect from B&W speakers at this level (predecessor of the current CM9, and they are made in England NOT China!).
    A couple of important and nice points to note:
    The phase plugs on the FST mid-range drivers are replaced by the solid aluminium ones from the current 800-diamond series.
    They are mounted to custom made solid granite plinths.

The speakers deliver superb natural sound, with a slightly warm signature in the mids. The Nautilus-style tweeters deliver highs that are extended and airy (driver sort of free standing at the top of the speakers, very similar to the current 800 series). The FST Kevlar drivers provides a very dispersive mid range, sweet and details. Bass is tight, fast, punchy and goes down low. The aluminium phase plugs do help to further focus the mids.

Here is the info sheet:
    http://www.bowers-wilkins.eu/Downloads/Product/Archive/ENG_FP11924_CDM-9NT_info_sheet.pdf

Does not come with the speaker grills, I didn't get them from the previous owner; and I believe they look better uncovered anyway.
    All the drivers are in perfect condition, though there are a few small marks.

Photos to come.
    With the granite plinths these are very heavy!
    Collection only from YO42

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note: the flash makes the scratches come out clearer, they are barely noticeable in reality.

Price: £1000

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2013
    django5, Dec 18, 2013
  2. django5

django5

I will also include 4x5m sets of QED Silver 25th Anniversary speaker cable for bi-wiring them.

django5, Jan 3, 2014
Ask a Question