Upgrading from passive to active

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by anon_bb, Feb 2, 2006.

1. anon_bb

anon_bb Honey Badger

Yes its silly.

There were two bass suckouts but also two bass peaks - there was plenty of bass energy dont worry. Just a bit lumpy.

anon_bb, Feb 6, 2006
  2. anon_bb

Stereo Mic

Actually being told how wonderful the passive system was for the past year was very tedious (and inaccurate it seems). This is only just warming up really, but still quite amusing.

Stereo Mic, Feb 6, 2006
  3. anon_bb

anon_bb Honey Badger

It still is wonderful but the active is better. I am "doing a ninja" as its known in the trade.

anon_bb, Feb 6, 2006
  4. anon_bb

DylanFan Returned to Vinyl!

SM - I'm sure it was. To be honest, I've only ever heard PMCs on one occasion and I wasn't that impressed - too clinical for my ears. But equally I'm sure there are others who find them more to their liking. And that's their prerogative

Debates about hifi is one thing - nay, is to be encouraged on a hifi forum! - but to start banging on about the relative size of listening rooms is infantile to say the least... and based exclusively upon what Tenson bravely and honestly said in one review

Here we are bemoaning the demise of two channel stereo and how few people are now buying the stuff and what about the future blah blah blah and maybe, just maybe trying to encourage new people to take an interest in this rather expensive hobby. And what do they find on fora like ZG and PFM? A debate, no, an assertion that 'my room is bigger than yours'. And then we wonder why to many people we are just a set of anoraks.

Sorry, rant over!

DylanFan, Feb 6, 2006
  5. anon_bb

penance Arrogant Cock

Remarkably so;)

penance, Feb 6, 2006
  6. anon_bb

anon_bb Honey Badger

Bub is just trying to wind me up by banging on about his room being bigger than mine - take no notice. It isnt even relevent to the discussion.

anon_bb, Feb 6, 2006
  7. anon_bb

penance Arrogant Cock

So you are going to wear black clothing and disapear into the shadows, wonderful news!

penance, Feb 6, 2006
  8. anon_bb

I know it has no relevance. And I'd call it goading ... and as you know some people seem to get suspended for responding to having been goaded while the goader gets away 'Scot free'!

DylanFan, Feb 6, 2006
  9. anon_bb

penance Arrogant Cock

Maybe, but Mr Browntrousers has done his fair share of stirring, what goes around comes around.

penance, Feb 6, 2006
  10. anon_bb

Penance.

Yes, maybe you're correct. But two wrongs don't make a right .... and there comes a time when the childish name calling just has to stop or perhaps just continued in the playground ... however amusing it might be to the rest of us

DylanFan, Feb 6, 2006
  11. anon_bb

penance Arrogant Cock

They certainly dont, but human nature dictates that he gets whats coming ;)

penance, Feb 6, 2006
  12. anon_bb

anon_bb Honey Badger

Penance - "Mr brown trousers"? "Gets whats coming"? Have you actually added anything of value to this thread other than goading. Try as I might I cant find anything - so why are you wasting everybodys time posting this nonsense? With those remarks you do mark yourself out as being somewhat hypocritical. Its playground talk. My stirring is your interpretation - let me point out I only defend myself if others heap it on me - just as you are doing now and just as dylan fan pointed out.

If you (or bub or anyone else) have nothing of relevence to add then please stop posting to this thread.

I have taken relevent yet exaggerated response to tensons comments in good humour - I expected a certain amount of stick, but if it isnt relevent then dont post.

anon_bb, Feb 6, 2006
  13. anon_bb

penance Arrogant Cock

No, but i've had fun :)

On no, please no, what will you do??

penance, Feb 6, 2006
  14. anon_bb

P - I'm afraid I don't along with that view. Yes, BBV can come across as a bit of a know all on occasions - and I've never met the guy. But to be frank, he is knowledgeable on hifi - well a lot more than me anyway - and he is widely read, or rather widely 'listened'. Yes, he does seem to have a particular predilection to certain types of kit but on others, he seems genuinely open to others' views. And he is willing to be challenged without resorting to the 'it must be best, cos I bought it' counter-argument

C'est la vie

DylanFan, Feb 6, 2006
  15. anon_bb

penance Arrogant Cock

No problem, it's the way of the interweb. Nothing personal.
    Im just having a laugh.

penance, Feb 6, 2006
  16. anon_bb

greg Its a G thing

I think it's fair to say a little history of this sort of thing exists between certain members and others. Personally if people on one hand choose to take a dig at someone, then later discuss their setup in detail, it seems natural that the originally "injured party" :rolleyes: might take the opp to take the p*ss.

Personally speaking I cant say I've seen anything other than very mild liming, in fact each party seems quite happy to lime in return so everything seems fair and above board. I find it highly amusing and wish it to continue.

greg, Feb 6, 2006
  17. anon_bb

Stereo Mic

:confused:

Stereo Mic, Feb 6, 2006
  18. anon_bb

greg Its a G thing

Frankly Nick, whilst I can appreciate how your tone or manner of posting might aggravate some, and I feel suggestions of willy waving may have some credibility at times, I do think you try pretty hard to show good humour and get little in return. You do suffer with last word syndrome, but hey thats not as bad as race hate crime etc.

greg, Feb 6, 2006
  19. anon_bb

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Good show old chaps!!!

wadia-miester, Feb 6, 2006
  20. anon_bb

Greg - I understand that position and on the whole agree with you ... and we can all agree that it can be bloody good sport. However, it's when it spills over into 'oh no it isn't', 'oh yes it is'... and I'm not talking pantomime here ... that it becomes a little tedious. Well, to my ears anyway!

DylanFan, Feb 6, 2006
Ask a Question