Usa/dac

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by DavidF, May 24, 2006.

1. DavidF

DavidF

Hi,

Having won a DAC on ebay, from the USA, approx a month ago the seller (not private) has finally been able to pass on a waybill number. The previous message was that it was in customs.

Can anyone advise me what this means - the number is not recognised by the couriers web site - possibly too recent.

Does this mean the DAC is now in the UK?

I might add that the vender, whilst basically trustworthy, is not the most communicative of establishments.

Has anyone else done anything like this before?

thanks,

David

DavidF, May 24, 2006
  2. DavidF

zanash

zanash, May 25, 2006
  3. DavidF

DavidF

Hello Zanash,

Yes, it may well be something like that. When I tried the tracking number on the web site this morning it did work.........and it would seem that the DAC is in fact fast on its way to CANADA!

When I called the courier office to see what was happeniing apparently the vender has labelled the package with my address correctly but written Canada instead of Great Britain.

Have mailed the vender and am awaiting a response but communication is not his/their strong point. The whole thing has been very muddled, putting it politely.

I would add that I have checked my address in my pay pal account and (at his request) sent him my address a week ago.

This seller seems to have very good feedback - I don't know what I'VE done to deserve this!

cheers for the interest,

David

DavidF, May 25, 2006
  4. DavidF

DavidF

The DAC is now due to leave Canada for my address tonight, all being well.

DavidF, May 26, 2006
  5. DavidF

zanash

glad to help !

zanash, May 26, 2006
  6. DavidF

DavidF

I would add that this issue seems at long last to be resolved - the DAC got into East of Midlands airport early this morning.

Helps if its sent to the right country.

DavidF, May 28, 2006
  7. DavidF

zanash

keep us posted !

zanash, May 28, 2006
  8. DavidF

ditton happy old soul

can you claim the air miles??

ditton, May 28, 2006
  9. DavidF

DavidF

That I wouldn't know. Getting anything out of those guys is like trying to get blood out of a stone.

I wouldn't mind being able to claim for the time spent e-mailing the them to chase them up and for the aggrevation of it all.

I new to start with is was taking a chance but their feed back is actually very good. Why me?!?

D.

DavidF, May 28, 2006
  10. DavidF

DavidF

Just a quick note to mention that the DAC is now in my possession (at long last).

I would say, whoever it was who fist suggested this idea was definately on the right lines - its very impressive. All the reviews I read on it (ie audioreview) were quite right; it like lifting a veil off the music revealing hidden detail. I think there could yet be improv ements to be made in sound staging but its early daays for it yet.

I read thats its best to live with any change for a couple of weeks (at least) before douing any thing else; (it'll take tyhat long to burn in the DAC any way) then I'll find a patrner for my Naim nap 140 (currently using a sugden a21 integrated) and see what that does.

Thanks again for the suggestions,

Hope this gets read!

David

DavidF, Jun 3, 2006
Ask a Question