Usb inputs on mid to high end amps!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nando, May 3, 2010.

1. nando

nando nando

question,. is there a big use or demand for the use of such input on people who use it? just curious, as to why,
    nando.

nando, May 3, 2010
  2. nando

RobHolt Moderator

I don't think there is much demand for USB only TBH. though it is useful.
    I'd like to see more kit with a built in dac in the same way that we used to take for granted the built in phono stage.
    No reason why integrated amps or pre amps cannot have the dac on a plug-in card.

Won't be everyone's cup of tea, particularly those preferring the minimalist amplifier route but many would welcome 'digital' as just another input on the amp.

Think of something like the excellent MF V-Dac. That little plain box contains the entire dac on a small 4"x3" pcb. Stick an edge connector onto it and make it a card.
    Simples! :)

RobHolt, May 3, 2010
  3. nando

nando nando

hi rob, i did mention what you have just commented to mr A.M. why the new range did not continued with a built in d.a.c., no answer, i do like the v-dac i think for the money is a super dac specially for diy enthusiasts,
    "compare the mearkat.com-compare the nando.com
    simples
    nando.

nando, May 3, 2010
Ask a Question