V. Cheap CD player/transport wanted

Wanted: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Goomer, May 20, 2004.

1. Goomer

Goomer

Hi there

As the title suggests, and due to house decorations/renovations, I'm looking for a dirt cheap cd player or transport to serve me for a short period of time. It doesn't have to be brilliant, and the normal phono outs don't even need to work as I'll be hooking it up to an off board DAC(preferably via coaxial but optical is okay), but it does need to be cheap. Did I say cheap?

So, does any lovely zerogainer want to help me out here? I'll be very, very grateful - without your help I will be without music for about a month, and I don't think I can take it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Chris.

Goomer, May 20, 2004
  2. Goomer

Sauerkraut Do I or Don't I? I did!!!

Hi Chris,
    I was thinking of getting rid of my Marantz CD 4000, as its just sitting around not doing a great deal. I beleive it has optical and coaxial out but I will have to check.
    Here are a few reviews for it. It is budget in price but I have found it is a pretty good little machine. Oh and its black and in mint condition.

Audioreview

How does £50 sound? I have the box, remote instructions etc. I would prefere collection or maybe meet up.
    Give me a shout if you fancy it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2004
    Sauerkraut, May 20, 2004
  3. Goomer

Goomer

Hi Sauerkraut

Many thanks for your kind offer but, overnight, I have been given a PS2 by a mate so am no longer needing a CD player - at least not until he starts to miss his gaming! Optical only on the PS2 but if I get bored, at least I have the option of playing Lord of the Rings....

Thanks again,

Chris

Goomer, May 21, 2004
  4. Goomer

Sauerkraut Do I or Don't I? I did!!!

Cool, no worries Chris, at least you have got some music back.

Sauerkraut, May 21, 2004
Ask a Question