Valve amp, DAC, speakers & power conditioner for sale

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by raindance, Apr 21, 2007.

1. raindance

raindance

NOTE: I am leaving the UK in 5 days, so this stuff must go !!! ALL OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED
    1. Dynavox VR70E valve amp for sale, uses 4 x EL34's in push-pull and provides around 30 wpc. This amp has been cared for and has upgraded coupling caps (Solen Fastcaps), Shuguang EL34A's with low hours (a bit sweeter sounding than the standard EL34B's), and GE 6U8A driver valves (a million times better than the 6F2 rubbish that comes with the amp). £250.00 SOLD
    2. MHDT Labs Dialogue II NOS DAC - very nice well rounded sound, takes the "digital" character out of CD's. £100.00 now reduced to £80.00
    3. Pioneer DV575AS universal DVD player (plays most formats known to man including DVD-Audio and Super Audio CD). I use it for regular CD's and DVD's via the NOS DAC (because I think it sounds better) and it is a reliable and stable player. I have upgraded the firmware on it to add many features not available on the standard version (most of which are pure fluff, but there is a good black level control) and a pitch control for MP3's. £80.00 SOLD
    4. Speaker Choice 1: Acoustic Energy Aegis Two floorstanding speakers - slightly laid back sounding British speakers with sand-filled bases. Designed to place close to the wall for smaller living rooms. £70.00
    5. Speaker Choice 2: Mission M-70 bookshelf speakers - These are surprisingly good paired with a valve amp and provide a bit more treble extension than the AE's. £45.00
    6. G&W TW03 Power Conditioner (UK Version) - Good quality Chinese product providing reliable mains filtering and with a voltmeter on front. £40.00 SOLD
    7. I also have a Yarland FV-34BIII EL34 based amp. It is not working at present as I nicked some components to fix another one. It has been rewired to a similar driver circuit to the Dynavox and currently has 5881's installed. One of these may be faulty and is marked with an X. The transformers are all good and the amp just needs some coupling caps & to be re-biased to get it running. £50.00 ANY INTEREST ??? COME ON !!!
    Picture attached that I found on the web...

[*]I have a small collection of good small signal valves:
    Chinese 6N2 (rubbish, but hard to get hold of; low hours) £5.00/pair, 2 pairs
    CBS (USA) 12AU7A (NOS; old, not tired) £12.00/pair
    Siemens E82CC (spectacular sounding 12AU7 equivalent) £25.00/pair

Any questions are welcome. I'd like to sell the whole lot together if at all possible. I am in Lymm, Cheshire & will demo on request. The kit can be shipped, but will be a pain & I'd prefer local pickup. Thanks for looking! I can e-mail pictures if requested.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2007
    raindance, Apr 21, 2007
  2. raindance

DavidF

I presume the amp is an integrated?

pics please?

I'll pm you.

DavidF, Apr 21, 2007
  3. raindance

raindance

Pictures

Some pics included. The amp looks a bit dusty, but I'll clean it!

Note that I can provide a schematic as well...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2007
    raindance, Apr 21, 2007
  4. raindance

raindance

Follow Up

Anyone interested? I'll separate the items if that'll help....

raindance, Apr 22, 2007
  5. raindance

Colin2040

Can you give me any more info on the power conditioner,web link if poss?

Colin2040, Apr 23, 2007
  6. raindance

django5

Could you post pics of the DAC? Thanks.

django5, Apr 23, 2007
  7. raindance

raindance

Pictures

I'm out of space on the pictures - can anyone advise me on how to add more? It is OK, I've just made them smaller & posted more above....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2007
    raindance, Apr 23, 2007
  8. raindance

Colin2040

Hi raindance what can you tell me about the power conditioner its not a unit I know?

Colin2040, Apr 23, 2007
  9. raindance

django5

Thanks, you can use www.imageshack.us for free permanent hosting without an account. I take it that the DAC has a VU meter on the front?

django5, Apr 23, 2007
  10. raindance

raindance

Power Conditioner

Hi Colin2040

It is made by G&W, part of Tsinghau University somewhere in China. They make quite highly regarded headphone and integrated amps as well. I have looked inside and it uses high quality capacitors, mostly WIMA, and hand wound chokes. It has a volt meter on front which in the UK is pegged at max...

I have used it for about a year and a half and had no problems with noise being reproduced through my system.

I can't find a web link to the manufacturer, maybe you could try an internet search. It is really well made; the case the thing is made of is worth more money than the whole thing costs!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2007
    raindance, Apr 24, 2007
  11. raindance

raindance

Dac

Hi Django5

No, it has two LED's, one of which is power and the other digital signal lock. When I took the picture, there was no signal to the unit. I'm surprised about the lack of interest as these NOS DAC's suppposedly have a large following... This particular one is hand built in Taiwan and uses the TDA1543 DAC chip and analog filtering. More info on http://www.geocities.com/mhdtlab/

raindance, Apr 24, 2007
  12. raindance

django5

Ah sorry, I was looking at the wrong photo :s

django5, Apr 24, 2007
  13. raindance

Colin2040

Last question , I have found the info on line, only thing left is can you give me dimensions and how much for postage?Preferred payment?

Colin2040, Apr 24, 2007
  14. raindance

raindance

Approx 26cm x 16cm x 6cm.

I don't have the original box, but can pack it securely & send to you. What is your postal code? If you are UK mainland, then I'll ship it for free at the price advertised of GBP100.

I accept Paypal, for a quick turnaround. Money order also OK. If you send a check, I won't be around long enough for clearance !!!

PM me for my Paypal address.

Regards
    Russell

raindance, Apr 24, 2007
  15. raindance

Colin2040

sorry aindance I was talking about the mains conditioner are we talking about the same thing here? Price for the dac was a hundred it was the power supply/conditioner I was referring to.

Colin2040, Apr 24, 2007
  16. raindance

Colin2040

pm with you

Colin2040, Apr 24, 2007
  17. raindance

Colin2040

pm with you Raindance funds transferred

Colin2040, Apr 25, 2007
  18. raindance

Colin2040

Me again raindance what condition are the m70's and finish? Have a friend in need of new speaker s may be interested in the ae's so what are they like?

Colin2040, Apr 26, 2007
  19. raindance

raindance

Unit will ship tomorrow. Hope you like it!

raindance, Apr 26, 2007
  20. raindance

raindance

Hi Colin2040

M70's are OK for "black oak" vinyl wrapped boxes. The appearance is fine, just the bottoms are quite scuffed from various stands, etc. They are surprisingly weighty sounding and are a decent entry level speaker, far better than Wharfedale Diamonds or other such paperweights. These appear used.

The AE's are well-made, better finished vinyl wrapped black woodgrain boxes. They are quite compact and slim, but have a decent low end when close-ish to a wall. They are more British sounding than the Missions, with a slightly reticent top end, nice mids, and bass that is rather variable with placement. The lower section of the boxes are sand-filled, so they are quite heavy and sit on spikes. The bass/mid driver has an aluminium cone and the tweeter is a silk dome. Personally, I feel they prefer solid state amplification to valves as the metal cone drivers take some current to make them move. They appear as new.

Hope that helps.

raindance, Apr 26, 2007
Ask a Question