valve amps

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by accuphase, Mar 11, 2008.

1. accuphase

accuphase

Hi,
    I wonder if anyone can steer me in the right directions i want to get rid of my accuphase class a amp and either get a valve intergrated or a pre-power combo any recomendations ?

cheers

accuphase, Mar 11, 2008
  2. accuphase

shrink

pm sent regarding accuphase amp

shrink, Mar 11, 2008
  3. accuphase

brca Rookie

And why would you do that?

brca, Mar 11, 2008
  4. accuphase

accuphase

amps

Hi everyone,

a lot of people seemed suprised about me thinking of getting rid of the accuphase E530 Class a amp 30 watts.My current system consists of above amp with the Accuphase CD65,Siltech Sq 28 interconnect.I went round to one of my best friends house who is a very good muso and listened to his system of quad 11 and 22 control unit-klipsch chorus 1, all music routed through his computor and into a arcam black box and i was astounded with the quality of music from a system that stood him at 2k all in,so then i purchased some Heart mono block 300b amps and bought a pair of klipsch forte using my accuphase as a pre amp loved the sound.The problem is i really got sick of listening to loads of speakers with the accuphase combination could not find any that i liked or if i did they where into 5k plus!

accuphase, Mar 11, 2008
  5. accuphase

zanash

get a demo of some of consonance kit ...I'm biased as I run a pair of monoblocks. There good sounding well built and pleasing on the wallet

zanash, Mar 12, 2008
  6. accuphase

Pure_Carbon Diamond Tipped.

Listen to some PrimaLuna's too.
    They do some good integrated amps and some cracking mono blocks.
    Top quality Chinese built then shipped to Holland for final QC with UK distribution and guarantees.
    Good value and great sound.

Pure_Carbon, Mar 12, 2008
  7. accuphase

Stuart

I'm not familiar with the Forte's, however if they are anything like the Heresy then a Manley Stingray would be worth considering. The Stingray is a well built, good value, good looking and great sounding no nonsense integrated amp that matches very well to the Klipsch Heresy speakers.

Regards,

Stuart

Stuart, Mar 12, 2008
Ask a Question