Vandersteen speakers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Paul L, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Paul L

Paul L vinyl and valves mostly

Brought into the UK intermittently. They get the curiosity interest at shows and are a bit of a cult Stateside, I have always got the impression they should enjoy the popularity of Shahinian, LV and some others but haven't done so far.

Now brought in by Peter Downs at Alternative Audio, has anyone much experience of either the 2/2ce or 3/3ce speakers in comparison with other brands?

Paul L, Apr 11, 2006
  2. Paul L

Stereo Mic

Love them!

I've heard the 2 & 3 and they have that welcoming warmth and body that is sadly lacking from so many detail obsessed modern designs. I have heard that they can be difficult to set up in typical UK living rooms though.

Stereo Mic, Apr 11, 2006
  3. Paul L

VinylLover

I have had a pair of 2CEs since the early 90s, brought them back after working in the US for a few months. Each time I upgrade my amp I keep appreciating how good they are:)

IMHO sadly under-rated in the UK.

VinylLover, Apr 12, 2006
  4. Paul L

Garrardman

Heard the 2CE's in the Exposure room at Bristol last year and was very impressed. What the hell possessed them to change them for those ART speakers they were using this year i can't imagine......................

Garrardman, Apr 12, 2006
Ask a Question