Velodyne SMS-1 anybody tried one yet?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by technobear, Jan 26, 2006.

1. technobear

Garmt

It uses a sweep tone.

Garmt, Jan 28, 2006
  2. technobear

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

Thank you for your opinion that I might be confused, oedipus. Perhaps you could explain how a tone that builds up in time because of the room can be corrected by a constant filter, without using the phrase "minimum phase", which apparently http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=minimum+phase&gwp=13 only should be applied to systems that are stable. An eigentone causing a tone to build up over time does not seem to fit these requirements.

SteveC, Feb 6, 2006
  3. technobear

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

The chained sub and the 1st sub are both listened to by the measurement mic as a whole: the combined response is corrected and as far as the processors concerned, nothing is different.

Some people say that it is easier to fill in some of the troughs around the room if there is more than 1 sub, though I am sure you are right Garmt there could be phase issues, which would show up in failed attempts to get a satisfactory reponse.

Still no answers to my previous post?

SteveC, Feb 9, 2006
  4. technobear

Garmt

Indeed, this is how it works. I though you meant the second sub received a corrected signal from the 'thru' output. Daisy chaining the subs with a null-modem cable will indeed make them behave like one sub, with the first sub as the master and the second one as the slave.

Even using the same subs, it's never wise to fill up complete troughs. Better to reduce the peaks... ;)

Garmt, Feb 9, 2006
Ask a Question