Veritas P400

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Tarzan, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Tarzan

Tarzan

Hi,l posted a thread a while ago about my P400Digital power amp not working,and l got a lot of good advice and information on this site,however after being in contact with the manufacters,it appears that the digital chip in the amp is broken,and they have trawled all new avenues to get a new one,but they are no longer made,they also tried different chips but to no avail,this is my last hope,is there any one else l could try? Any help would be appreciated,once again thanks for your help.

Tarzan, Sep 29, 2007
  2. Tarzan

JANDL100

:( Hope of repair? - I doubt it.

Real shame - even apart from the financial loss - a nice sounding amp - I used to have one.

JANDL100, Sep 30, 2007
  3. Tarzan

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

find out what the chip is, and ask if anyone on diyaudio has one, you'll be amazed what serious electronics geeks keep in their spares boxes.

sq225917, Oct 1, 2007
  4. Tarzan

hi-fi evangelis

Hi,
    The guys behind this amp i think were river crossing audio. Local to me. However John now moved away owing me money for Esl57s he sold for me around £350. Still unable to contact him think he is manchester appareently did a runner owing several people money Beware. If you contact him can you get his phone no = address.
    Thanks . sorry that I cannot help you with your issue over veritas 400.

hi-fi evangelis, Oct 1, 2007
  5. Tarzan

Obular

Hi Tarzan,

The ics on the veritas are made by Tripath, you may not be able to get that particular ic.
    If you look at www.41hz.com they make modular kits for Tripath. One of the kits is a dual 1000w per channel amp which is very similar to the veritas. The origional veritas amps used an evaluation board that was an off the shelf module. you may be able to retro fit another one in.
    Hope this helps

Obular, Aug 22, 2008
  6. Tarzan

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Depending on the issue with the amplifier there are uprated replacement Tripath modules 102/3/5a (as Tripath are no longer in business) available as a straight drop in unit. (UK made too)
    The 41hz units are the later 3020 chipset and it looks like the have addressed the output gate impedance problems too, which usually resulted in the chip self destructing around the bootstrap diode sections lol!

wadia-miester, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question