Vertex products review on TNT

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Sep 10, 2007.

1. zanash

Stereo Mic

Sorry. So your summation

Is based on you never actually listening to the standard Jaya by itself?

Stereo Mic, Sep 11, 2007
  2. zanash

Nuuk

No, I have tried both the Jaya, and Silver Jaya on their own.

Nuuk, Sep 11, 2007
  3. zanash

Stereo Mic

Wow! Now I am confused.

Just above you said

So you had both in circuit and you recommended the Jaya saying

I presume that's what you meant by "your recommendation"?

Just to re-cap if I may, I questioned your recommendation in the light of your findings and you obviously picked me up on the fact that your comments were made when both were in circuit before you moved it to the Music server.

But further on you are saying that when you moved it to the server, both Jayas were in circuit and you based your recommendation on this. Yet now you are saying you listened to them independently yet nowhere do you give subjective opinions on this?

Stereo Mic, Sep 11, 2007
  4. zanash

Nuuk

Mic, I do not intend to get into a battle of mind games with you.

I review hi-fi, and I make recommendations on hi-fi based on what I experience while using that hi-fi over the period that I write my review. That will be a minumum of a few weeks, and longer if possible.

In the case of the Vertex review, for the reasons carefully explained in the review, things were a little different in that Vertex wanted to come over and do their demonstration. This demo is important in understaning how the Vertex gear works in a system. For that reason, I thought it pertinent to describe the demo which is what I did. That demo only constituted a tiny part of my review procedure as I had the review items here for a month.

I write these reviews from a consumer point of view. Like you, I don't want to see anybody 'ripped off' and I can assure you that what I report is what I hear. Unlike you it seems, I give the rest of the human race a little credit for having a mind of their own. A review is one person's experience with something that a majority of folks may not get an opportunity to hear for themselves. It is a guideline, not a 100% endorsement of the product/service concerned, and I believe most right-thinking adults understand that and will have a listen, or do some more research before they part with their money.

Good on you for standing up against hype and malpractice, but don't get too obessessive, and don't let it turn you into a Victor Meldrew. ;)

Nuuk, Sep 11, 2007
  5. zanash

Stereo Mic

Sorry it wasn't a mind game. I was just looking for an explanation of how you got from A to C without apparently going via B - an explanation you seemed unable to give.

Let's leave it there. Still from my personal experience, the Jaya certainly did not perform the improvements I might expect from spending hundreds let alone thousands on upgrading my front end. But maybe in the context of your system it does. Yours is afterall, a very unusual system. I would imagine the Jaya was the most expensive part?

Stereo Mic, Sep 11, 2007
  6. zanash

Nuuk

No, the Transporter and Burson amp both cost much more! ;)

Nuuk, Sep 11, 2007
  7. zanash

Stereo Mic

:D

Come on! The Vertex accessories cost twice as much as your whole system:D

Stereo Mic, Sep 12, 2007
Ask a Question