Very rare record: Cirkus 'One' on RCB Records

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by madscientist, Jan 11, 2012.

1. madscientist

madscientist

Hi Guys

I have decided to sell one of my very rare records by Cirkus 'One' a private pressing on RCB records, UK 1973 original firat press with an A1/B1 matrix, open to REASONABLE OFFERS (Record collector book price £300).

Tracks:

You Are

Seasons

April ‘73

A Song For Tavish

A Prayer

Brotherly Love

Those Were The Days

Jenny

Title Track (i. Breach, ii. Ad Infinitum)

A great copy of one of the very best progressive rock albums ever issued in this country. The quality of the songs, playing and production make it very hard to believe that the band (with the backing of a local businessman) had to produce this themselves as they couldn't get a recording contract. A limited release of 1000 of these records was put out in 1973 and it has become increasingly rare over time, very rarely comes up on ebay.
    Condition:

Sleeve:

The lovely gatefold sleeve is notoriously prone to wear, it's made from very thin unlaminated card with a very dark design. The outside cover is clean, no tears, no creases, no unwanted ink marks, just a little ringwear and light scuffing. Inside the gatefold is pretty much perfect, no wear or damage of any type. The spine has a little bit of minor wear but all of the writing is readable. The open edge is sharp and well defined with no tears or feathering.
    Graded Ex-
    Record:

The record itself is in fine condition. It's made from very thin but very good quality vinyl which is very clean and has a lovely dark sheen. In normal light there are no visible surface marks at all. When examined closely under a very harsh lamp a few very light hairline marks are revealed, these are caused by taking the record in and out of its sleeve and are in no way audible.

Both labels are in perfect condition.

When played the record sounds great. Considering that it's a private pressing both the production and sound quality are of a very high quality giving the music a dynamic quality which makes to it appear to leap from the speakers in a most enjoyable fashion. The bass is deep and expansive and all other instruments clear and well defined, this actually sounds a lot better than a lot of major label releases. Throughout the whole record I couldn't find one piece of unwanted surface noise, there's no pops, clicks or crackles, no groovewear or distortion, certainly no jumping or sticking, just a fine copy of a great and very rare record.
    Graded nMint

PM OFFERS PLEASE

Paul

madscientist, Jan 11, 2012
Ask a Question