"Violence was their creed"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by The Devil, May 20, 2009.

1. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

No, not the BNP, this time. The "christian brothers" who ran a children's home in Dublin. Praise the lord.

The Devil, May 20, 2009
  2. The Devil

DavidF

James, you are a pile of fun.........(....mate)

;)

DavidF, May 20, 2009
  3. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

I am a lot less toxic than the catholic church, who carry out their worldwide systematic child abuse under the cover of the cult of "god", "Jesus", and all the rest of that baloney. No-one dared to challenge their authority, until now.

Wise up David: this is a big story, "mate", and people are very angry.

The Devil, May 20, 2009
  4. The Devil

Joe

Reading the report, it occurred to me that the Brothers must have softened up a lot since my schooldays.

As Flann O'Brien said of them:
    'I would not be bothered to denounce such people as sadists, brutes, psychotics, I would simply dub them criminals and would expect to see them jailed.'

Joe, May 20, 2009
  5. The Devil

MO! MOnkey`ead!

link? :confused:

MO!, May 20, 2009
  6. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

7. The Devil

SCIDB Moderator

SCIDB, May 21, 2009
  8. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

Absolutely stunning stuff. It blows MP's expenses into the weeds.

One important difference, other than the seriousness of the crimes, is that these people are devotees of "the almighty", and therefore cannot be voted out of office. Unless, of course people finally wise up to the reality that religion contains nothing of value, and plenty that is harmful.

The Devil, May 21, 2009
  9. The Devil

spica

A priest could be an atheist, though you may not know it... as the almighty church of split values and it's religion of the *lower level* has no intention of being judged by any 'Greater Power' than itself.

:)

spica, May 21, 2009
  10. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

Yes, possible, but irrelevant as usual. The point is that religion itself is used as a shield against any inquiry or challenge. They are holier than thou, and hence above suspicion.

The Devil, May 21, 2009
  11. The Devil

DavidF

Sometimes a happy medium is good, James.

DavidF, May 21, 2009
  12. The Devil

Czechchris

I was interested to see how long it would be before you posted this. You disappoint me that it took you so long.

And, before you ask, I absolutely condemn the crimes which have been committed and the duplicity of the Catholic Church in conspiring to keep it secret, and they, the perpetrators and the Church, should be fully held to account.

Czechchris, May 21, 2009
  13. The Devil

mr cat Member of the month

they're all pure eveil cnuts imo - I remember an ex working at durham Uni and an ex lecturer (philosphy dept) who was about 70 had been caught abusing boys about 30-40 years ago - and he used to pop into the uni to see old colleagues etc and they said that words to the effect of that they should let it go now as that's how it was in those days...!

they were all a bunch of religious nutters too....not sure what happened to him in the end (as we broke up) - but I know he was going to court...think his surname was barry..? this would have been about 5 years ago...

mr cat, May 21, 2009
  14. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

If you are genuinely disappointed, then I apologise: I was busy doing something else. You could always counter my negativity about religion with positive news stories which show its manifold benefits, but they would be difficult to find.

We have the new catholic archbish installed today in London. All he could come up with was an exhortation to "the faithful" to "raise their game". This seems disingenuous and insulting, as it seems to me that it's his own churchmen who need to do that, really.

The Devil, May 21, 2009
  15. The Devil

lbr monkey boy

or by pointing out that you appear to have confused religion with the church.

lbr, May 21, 2009
  16. The Devil

penance Arrogant Cock

Lets face it, religion is a corrupt institution and only the weak of mind are daft enough to follow it.

Anyone with a glint of common sense will see it is complete crap designed to rein in the weak of thought.

penance, May 21, 2009
  17. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

The chicken with the egg?

The Devil, May 21, 2009
  18. The Devil

spica

A priest could be an atheist, though you may not know it...

Selective ...as usual.

If you read my complete post : as the almighty church of split values and it's religion of the *lower level* has no intention of being judged by any 'Greater Power' than itself.

you would then find it pointless to repeat what has already been said.

Why should sickness and corruption not infect Religion, why should it seem so strikingly awful when it does, who would believe that those who take vow or aspire to perfect are without sin, is it not yet realized that the pedestal of man is built on quicksand, that symbols are just part of the illusion that disguise the darker reality of life on this planet.

best not to judge a book by it's cover, isn't that obvious ?

spica, May 21, 2009
  19. The Devil

Graffoeman

Interestingly, this chap : http://www.sexualabuseclaimsblog.com/ logs a similar catalogue of horrors perpetrated by doctors, teachers, prison officers and residential school employees as well as various religious offices.

This vile behaviour would appear to be present amongst all sectors of society, seems a bit limiting to just concentrate on one group. I'm sure we would all agree that sexual abuse committed by, for instance, doctors, is just as loathsome.

Graffoeman, May 21, 2009
  20. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

Of course all equal crimes are equal. But doctors, teachers, prison officers and residential school employees don't set themselves up as moral arbiters under the guidance of an imaginary all-powerful man in the sky, one who is going to fry you for all eternity if you dare to disagree with them. That's the really sinister part.

The Devil, May 21, 2009
Ask a Question