Volume turning down on it's own - Leak 230

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by KatieC, Sep 30, 2024 at 3:00 AM.

1. KatieC

KatieC

Hi all, Thank you in advance if anyone can assist me. I have a brand new Leak 230 amplifier, which has a mind of it's own. Whether I am streaming via bluetooth or playing albums through my turntable (vintage Philips 212), the volume (and the volume dial) just slowly turns down to zero over about 10 seconds. It doesn't happen all the time - only half the time. Randomly. Anyone had this happen before and what's happening? Do I return to manufacturer? Thank you.

KatieC, Sep 30, 2024 at 3:00 AM
  2. KatieC

KatieC

and I forgot to mention my speakers connected are Energy Connoisseur C5 tower speakers. Old but they do the job.

KatieC, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:54 AM
  3. KatieC

Sergeauckland

Hi Katie,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Never come across this before, and as the amplifier is new, and therefore presumably still under warranty, I would get it replaced. It's clearly faulty. At long range, hard to diagnose, but most likely a fault in the control processor.

S

Sergeauckland, Sep 30, 2024 at 8:34 AM
  4. KatieC

KatieC

Thanks - will do.

KatieC, Sep 30, 2024 at 10:50 PM
Ask a Question