Wadia 861b + WLM Diva Floorstander

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by unclepuncle, Oct 27, 2009.

1. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

Lifes a bitch ain't it:grrr:.

At the start of this year I bought and gradually renovated a nice little detatched cottage in the village where I work, and finally moved in at the start of August - complete with lovely new hifi system which was my moving in treat to myself all in a dedicated room:).

Then a week later the company (Nampak) who are responsible for 98% of our turnover lose a big contract and lay off shedloads of people and cut their production by about 70%. Throw in the fact that we have also lost a contract to supply them some big expensive (and profitable) components to a USA company and the result is that the turnover of the company I work for is less than a third of where it was a year ago and pay cuts, shift work and ultimately redundancies loom on the horizon.:(

Don't get me wrong I'm not insolvent yet, but I am one of those people who prefers to be prepared (who'd have thought I'd been expelled from the Scouts:shock:), so I am very reluctantly offering up my beautiful Wadia 861b and WLM Diva floorstanders. As I say I'm not destitute just yet so this is not a fire sale. Lowballers will be called rude names:p

The Wadia 861b is just a CD player - it does not have the digital input card - though this can be retrofitted. It was bought 4 months ago from the original owner (a very nice chap in Hungary:) - he had bought it brand new from the official Hungarian Wadia dealer Magic Sound (see Wadia website)- the outer box still has the shipping label from Wadia USA to Magic Sound dated Jan 2005). It is double boxed with all accessories (metal remote, cones and coasters, manual, tranport key etc). It is in perfect physical and working condition - basically like new. And of course it sounds sublime - dynamic and full bodied and slightly on the dark side;-) All the little details and nuances are there they just arent thrown at you like with some players.

[​IMG]

Price - £2500.

Obviously I'd prefer collection but can deliver by insured TNT next day if required for £30.

I have an interested Zerogainer already who is looking down the back of the sofa as we speak:p, and he will have first dibs, but if he decides against it then please start to form an orderly queue;-)

My WLM Divas were also bought around 4 months ago from a dealer in Germany - I have never seeen a pair for sale in the UK. Again I am the 2nd owner and iirc they were originally sold in October 2008 (can check the certificate tonight)- so just a year old. These are in the special, and frankly gorgeous, makassar finish (a form of ebony).

[​IMG]

As ever they are in pristine unmarked condition and 100% perfect working order. Complete with original boxes, packagaing, spikes, manual, certificate.

If there is a better looking and finished speaker I have yet to see it. They are very beefy (think Living Voice Avatar on steroids) and with the 10" driver / supertweeter coaxial arrangement they sound amazing - clear and open with real palpability and dynamics. As the saying goes ' theres no replacement for displacement':)

They are bottom ported and very easy to accomodate - just give them a minimum of 50-60cm all round to walls and you'll be fine. They also have adjustable tweeter control on the back and the bass port can be lengthened/shortened according to your room and taste.

And with 97db effeciency they can be powered by just about anything:D

I don't think I have seen anything about WLM in the UK media (though I don't buy any mags:nup:) but these, and the Diva standmount, have been getting people very excited in Europe and the USA.

Heres a link to a review:

http://www.innerearmag.com/reviews/speakers/wlm_divas.shtml

The current list price for these in this finish is about £4500 - I'm looking for £2500 firm (and I mean FIRM - I'm losing plenty at that price believe me:().

I'd really prefer collection only on these as once in the boxes they are a two man lift and I wouldn't want a feeble courier driver or warehouse operative getting the arse with them and chucking them around. Don't get me wrong the packaging is excellent but if you insist on courier then you will have to arrange that and take the risk.

Demo welcome on all the above - I'm in Northamptonshire not far from M1 J16 or J18.

unclepuncle, Oct 27, 2009
  2. unclepuncle

Soloist In my lonely furrow

Oh bad show Uncle! I prefer to be more Micawberish in my outlook! as you say though, its not a fire sale whilst it doesn't need to be..I would love the speakers BTW, but have a tax bill looming end of Jan.

Soloist, Oct 27, 2009
  3. unclepuncle

Corruption

Hard luck with the job situation; good luck with the sale.

Corruption, Oct 27, 2009
  4. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

Thanks guys - I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

I'm almost in a cold sweat just thinking about selling these item , but I am one of lifes worriers (the glass is always half empty) so my head is telling me to cash in now and baton down the hatches - especially with Christmas and the lull in the market that it creates on the horizion.

unclepuncle, Oct 27, 2009
  5. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

Wadia now SOLD

unclepuncle, Oct 29, 2009
  6. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

WLM Diva now Sold

unclepuncle, Nov 4, 2009
Ask a Question