Wanted 3rd Gen Ipod dock

Wanted: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by snowflake, Jun 2, 2006.

1. snowflake

snowflake Former Albino Ape

Hi,

Anyone got an i-pod dock out there that is surplus to requirements.

A lad at work has asked me to try and source one.

Drop me a PM or mail to [email protected]

Ta

S

snowflake, Jun 2, 2006
  2. snowflake

robert_cyrus

robert_cyrus, Jun 2, 2006
  3. snowflake

snowflake Former Albino Ape

Ta - sent him the link, needless to say he is impressed with the price!

S

snowflake, Jun 2, 2006
  4. snowflake

robert_cyrus

yeah, me too, might be a typo? ordered the same combination a couple of days ago for a few pence over £10, and they've confirmed they've posted to me already. used this company before, very good service.

5. snowflake

ListeningEar

As a word of caution, I have a 3rd gen iPod and have just repaced the hard drive as I got the typical HDD failure logo on the screen. Got the full workshop manual, tools and replacement HDD from the USA,...all for less than £50. That's a big saving over what companies over want to charge you to repair them.

Anyway, two contacts in the US I spoke to who repair iPod's both stated that using a dock is a very BAD idea. They repair more iPod's with broken internal connections because owners use docks than they do any other repair types.

They said that the electrical connections inside the unit are very sensitive to mechanical disruption and their own recommendation is just to use a cable connection.

I actually experienced problems in using my dock but when I reverted back to using the cable everything was fine.

ListeningEar, Jun 2, 2006
  6. snowflake

robert_cyrus

well arrived 2day, has 3 connections, 3.5mm stereo, firewire, and usb, and a usb cable, allows me to charge using the firepower charger from the same company podgear.
    but seems to keep switching my ipod back on when i've made it sleep. will report back later.

7. snowflake

ListeningEar

...operational problems like this are typical of those where too much stress is being exerted on the internal solder connections which is caused from using a dock.

It sound slike you have the identical dock to myself. I was going to throw mine away, don't see any point in passing on something to someone else that has the potential to cause damage.

ListeningEar, Jun 3, 2006
Ask a Question