Wanted Krell CD player

Wanted: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by johnandchris, Jun 29, 2009.

1. johnandchris

johnandchris

Folks.
    A very good friend of mine is looking to upgrade his current Krell CD player. He has a KAV 280 and has owned it from new for about 6 years (approx).
    He is looking to purchase a Krell Super Audio Standard Mk3 and has been offered this deal. £1500 PX for his old cd against £4500 for an ex-dem Mk3 (so a £3k swap)

This seems a reasonable deal, however i suspect there are better to be had.
    Basically, can we get him the same cd player for considerably less, ie can we get a better deal than 3k swap.
    Also, can we get him the next step up for £3k.
    He has, as you have guessed, £3K to spend on an upgrade (or less ).
    Any thoughts on this or does anyone have any contacts in Krell or dealers.
    I know we have some dealers on this forum so i would be interested to contact any of you who can help.
    He is going to the dealers (not sure which) to listen to again (read buy!!) the CDP this friday, so if we can get a better deal by then that would be great. It would also appease his missus as they are getting married this year and any saving would be points for him.

Regards
    JOhn

johnandchris, Jun 29, 2009
  2. johnandchris

SMEagol Because we wants it...

I don't know much about Audiogon, this could be taking a chance and the voltage is probably wrong but...

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?dgtlplay&1250632879

I'd ask for a picture with a calendar page on top or something, then at least you know its real, its a lot of money to part with, but could be a good deal.

SMEagol, Jun 29, 2009
Ask a Question