Watch out Skoda!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Dec 5, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

leonard smalls GufmeisterGeneral

You should have a look at THIS..
    If you look further into the website you'll find folks who are getting 180mph out of their Octavias, and 5 seconds to 60mph!!!!

leonard smalls, Dec 10, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

Saab

I know:)

with that VAG turbo engine and some cash you can get some serious power from them,and of course they have great build quality (the Subarus are pretty poor)

Paul

you knwo i was referring to the turbo,stop being silly:)

give me a Skoda anyday though,nicer to live with,but the Impreza IS faster,if that floats ya boat

the VAG turbo is limited to 215 bhp btw,according to the German manaufacturers,the Scoob turbo will go higher

Saab, Dec 10, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

That's the first time I've heard anyone say subarus have poor build quality... the materials might not be as classy as some european rivals but reliability is way up there.

I-S, Dec 10, 2004
  4. amazingtrade

Will The Lucky One

With regards to build quality...

Somebodies never been in a new shape Legacy or a MY05 Impreza then have they ;)

Incidentally I could tell you some wonderful stories of VAG build 'quality' ;) because based upon the *two* recent shape VW Passats we've had, if everything in life was as reliable as a volkswagen, we'd all be up poo creek without a paddle :)

Will, Dec 10, 2004
  5. amazingtrade

lordsummit moderate mod

My Skoda TDi has been the best car I've ever owned. Maybe not the flashest, and certainly not the fastest, but the build quality is excellent, the materials slightly utilitarian, but very hard wearing, and it has not missed a beat in 25,000 miles. I've heard that Skoda build is now the best amongst the VAG group due to the Czech work force and their pride in their product. One of my friends has a Passat with the same engine and he's never stopped moaning about bits not doing what they ought to.
    They hold their value too.

lordsummit, Dec 10, 2004
  6. amazingtrade

Saab

Will

I have been in one,and yep,they are much,much better than the old classics.As for VW build,I agree they aren't as good as they were.I won't buy another,its almost as if Audi ordered them to stop being as good,because the new audis are superb,as good as it gets for the money,but the new Golf,imo,is inperceptibly worse,but still worse.I'm choosing a co car at the moment,so ive been in the lot

shame i cant have another Scoob :( would cost me another £200 p/m,so ive been banned from having one)

Saab, Dec 11, 2004
Ask a Question