Watch What You name Your Teddy Bear

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rollo, Nov 30, 2007.

1. rollo

rollo

Great world we live in today Eh! Can you believe what happened to that woman. Absolutely insane.

rollo

rollo, Nov 30, 2007
  2. rollo

Dev Moderator

Just to be padantic, she allowed the children to name the teddy bear, not named it herself. I wonder what their punishment will be.

Dev, Nov 30, 2007
  3. rollo

cooky1257

I wonder what would have happened to her if instead, she'd stopped the kids naming it Mohamad-couldn't that be construed as an insult too?
    Anyhow she'll be home in time for Christmas:)

cooky1257, Dec 1, 2007
  4. rollo

la toilette Downright stupid

Cooky, you've spelled Mohammad with only one 'm', that's an outrageous and deliberate slur against Islam, please expect machete wielding protesters outside your house this morning demanding your execution.

la toilette, Dec 1, 2007
  5. rollo

cooky1257

Ah well I not stupid see, I did it that way so I could get off on a technicality:)
    Oh wait there's someone at the door....

cooky1257, Dec 1, 2007
  6. rollo

nando nando

I Have A Great Name, But Due To Me Being White And Living In England I Am Barred From Saying The "name", In English,
    What Next?
    Nando. P.S. I AM SPANISH AND MY WIFE IS OF INDIAN ORIGEN, AM I A BLASFEMER?

nando, Dec 1, 2007
  7. rollo

rollo

We all are in their eyes. What a shame that such a small percentage of people have so much influence on the majoity. free speech just ain't what it used to be.
    I say let them be unto themselves just leave us the f*** alone and take your beliefs with you. This whole issue has just gone to far IMO. Believe or be killed how quaint. Especially from a Country who murdered a large part of its population.
    I say not one more penny in aid to any of these countries. Pull the plug and let them go at it on their own. They deserve no respect as they have no respect for our beliefs. Whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander. How many Billions did England send them. When are we going to learn its a fruitless measure of trying to buy them, they just laugh all the way to the bank with OUR tax dollars. Keep the money at home where it belongs and lower our taxes.

rollo

rollo, Dec 1, 2007
  8. rollo

nando nando

you could not have put it better, my sentiments exactlly,
    nando.

nando, Dec 1, 2007
  9. rollo

mr cat Member of the month

I agree

mr cat, Dec 1, 2007
  10. rollo

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

Sudan is a rich country. The aid is targeted towards the Darfurians who are being raped and murdered by these savages. Halting the aid won't help in this case.

The reason why the UK and the West feeds about four million Darfuris every day is not because the Sudanese government is too poor to do so itself.
    On the contrary - Khartoum receives billions of dollars a year in oil revenue.
    It just believes its priorities lie elsewhere.
    The uncomfortable truth is that if the estimated billion dollars a year in Western aid dried up, the food would stop too - with potentially serious consequences for the millions of victims of the conflict.
    - BBC News

Reading the rest of this article, together with looking at the - entirely correct - reactions from Muslims in the UK, makes me believe that this incident has nothing to do with teddy bears or Mohammed and everything to do with throwing up a smokescreen to help Sudan continue to resist UN and Western efforts to halt the slaughter and ethnic cleansing in Darfur.

Why target the British? Easy, it gives maximum publicity with minimum risk of reprisal.

7_V, Dec 1, 2007
  11. rollo

nando nando

we are being sold cheaply to line the pockets of this country's politriksians, they trat us like pawns on a chest game;
    nando.

nando, Dec 1, 2007
  12. rollo

scott_01

In my limited experience the hierarchy of pain goes as as follows:

1 - Local Men
    2 - Male Strangers
    3 - Children
    4 - Women (all of them, strangers or not)
    5 - Donkeys
    6 - Dogs and other non useful animals

1 gives you the best chance of a fair hearing (slim at best), whilst down at 6 you are pretty much dead if you so much as sniff at the remnants of a cabbage.

In theory the children would therefore be punished less than the woman but worse than a stranger. Moral of the story, don't go to Sudan.

BTW I am not an expert in Sharia law and this probably won't stand up in court.

scott_01, Dec 1, 2007
  13. rollo

kmac

That is what needs to change...the UK being a soft touch.
    If the UK retailated in a strong manner then we would not have these problems.

kmac, Dec 1, 2007
  14. rollo

rollo

My country as well. The US needs to stand firm as well.

rollo

rollo, Dec 1, 2007
  15. rollo

nando nando

we do not speak loud enough in this country, we take all the shit they give to us, religion on their side, benefits from our side, racist category on their side, and i could go on and on, when my parents brought me to the u.k. back in 1968, "i was 11 then" i was self tought to adjust to the british way of life, did so no f***ng regreats untill now, it just drives me to the edge where there are no frontiers, just action against this so called "do gooders" human rights, i am sure mrs, blair has a lot to answer to us.
    nando.

nando, Dec 1, 2007
  16. rollo

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

You haven't read enough cable threads.

SteveC, Dec 5, 2007
  17. rollo

kmac

At least we can tell what's really important :D

kmac, Dec 5, 2007
Ask a Question