well I have gone and done it...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Lt Cdr Data, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Lt Cdr Data

Lt Cdr Data om

I was harping on for a while about professional touring amps, not the cheap dj type for a few hundred squid, but real brick outhouse ones from america.

names of these are crest, qsc and crown, and some others.

I have gotten a crest pro 6001 a real hi end amp, its 430 watts into 8 ohms, class H output stage.

Will report when it arrives, dunno what to expect, my bro has sound and light and uses c-audio, another pro company now defunct, hippy may well know of them.

These amps are bulletproof reliable.

I have also bitten the bullet and got an mf x-80 :eek: , these are going for stupid prices for brand new amps, and I am getting fed up with valves going wrong and humming so I will happily sacrifice a bit of sound for a nice brand new design from a quality maker, I hope it doesn't sound too dull like some mf stuff of late. I am getting to rather like mf, its unique and desirable. yes I know what everyone is going to say. :D

Lt Cdr Data, Jun 2, 2005
  2. Lt Cdr Data

hifienthusiast

I like Musical Fidelity amps. I was in a dealer in Hong Kong back in Feb, listened to a MF A308CD, MF X150 amp and a pair of stand mounting Revel speakers, the system simply sounded superb with rock solid image and beautiful midrange. The build quality of the recent MF amps is excellent as well. The Diva series of Arcam in comparison look and feel less well made. The Hong Kong agent was knocking out the X150 for HK$5500, about £330. I wish I had the luggage allowance to bring one back to UK.

Valve amps are fun, but they do need maintenance. I seldom use my vintage amps, but I do enjoy their vivid high and midrange.

Regards
    Hon

hifienthusiast, Jun 2, 2005
  3. Lt Cdr Data

merlin

Data,

I have a Crown K1 you could have had if I had known. World beating bass control, sadly little else in my experience.

merlin, Jun 2, 2005
  4. Lt Cdr Data

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

whos that then,quite a few companys seem to be disapearing recently,got offered a few racks worth of amcron amps olny last week, rated at around 20kw over 5 ways for silly money, but hey the neigbours would olny complain

themadhippy, Jun 2, 2005
Ask a Question