What a night. (quick rob gretton gig review - (New Order/Doves)

Discussion in 'General Music' started by amazingtrade, May 24, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

First off a cracking performance by the Doves considering the lead singer Jimi Goodwin found out his mother died 30 minutes before going on stage.

Half way through Barney jumped onto the stage and sang an accustic version of the Bizzare Love Traingle with the Doves.

After that they was some house music by Mr Scruff, later ACR were on stage and Hooky appeared for the last track, Heart and Soul.

The highlight of the evening for me though as meeting Stephen Morris the drummer in New Order/Joy Division he was a realy genuine guy.

Tony Wilson was also got booed of stage in classic manc style.

My only downside of the night was Hooky teasing us all doing the first two seconds of Ceromney before going back stage.

amazingtrade, May 24, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

THAT'S professionalism - blimey...

Sounds like a great gig tho' - why was Tony "twat" Wilson booed off though? Did ACR do "Do the du"?

domfjbrown, May 25, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Tony Wilson spent 15 minute reading some book only when all he needed to say is that "the hacienda must be built". People just wanted the music I guess, it was done as a kind of joke, the booing was all light hearted and wasn't serius.

I am not sure what songs ACR did to be honest but they were good, I've never heared any of their stuff before. Mani from the stone roses as well as Rowetta from the Happy Mondays were in the crowd, I also missed Gillain some how as well I don't think she was there when I was talking to Stephen Morris.

The main conclusion of the night though is that Barny can actually sing.:)

amazingtrade, May 25, 2004
  4. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Glad you enjoyed it AT :)

MO!, May 25, 2004
Ask a Question