What Hifi promo

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by MO!, Aug 13, 2005.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

3 issues of WHF for £1

Not sure if there's MOre to it than that, but might be of interest to some.

https://www.qssa.co.uk/haymarket/su...&country=United+Kingdom&gift=on&promcode=wwf3

or call 08456 777813

MO!, Aug 13, 2005
  2. MO!

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Pay me a pound to read three copies and I might think about it :)

Uncle Ants, Aug 14, 2005
  3. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

That took longer than expected.

MO!, Aug 14, 2005
  4. MO!

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Well its late :rolleyes: And anyways, there'ds no need to read it even three times. Every month its "The Best Plasma Screens Reviewed", invariably, so I guess I could pay me quid and read em, or claim me quid, makes no odds really :D

PS. I don't even have a telly, so it may as well be "What Swiss Bank Accounts", so far as it would be of relevance to me.

Uncle Ants, Aug 14, 2005
  5. MO!

3DSonics away working hard on "it"

Hi,

WLF (What Lo-Fi) must be desperate. I guess constant dumbing down over the last ten years is telling.

In the UK worth reading is HiFi+ for the artwork and the general feeling of quality (one is attracted to quality, given ones breeding) and HiFi World for the editorial content (it's been getting too vintage heavy in recent times though, still excellent reading), the rest, less said better (they do give our products excellent reviews, witout any ulterior motives, but for reading them it's quite desperate....).

Otherwise I figure right now 6moons.com makes the best read overall (my whole free avantgo.com allotment is dedicated to it, so I can read on my way to work on my pocket PC cum Phone), with audiophilia.com running a good if distant second, Soundstage and to a lesser degree ETM seem to have lost it a bit or even a lot and TNT has really been going to Walthamstow....

Ciao T

3DSonics, Aug 14, 2005
  6. MO!

Hi,

I amused myself in recent times with finding the best sub £3k plasma screen (or DLP RPV) in the 40" class (bigger needs a bigger house first).

I bought a Sony 44" rear projection TV using good old fashioned picture tubes instead, much better picture (funny, I was not really looking for a "tube" tv, but I got one anyway to go with the tube HiFi.....).

I paid sub £1K as well, but that was actually not the issue, I merely wanted an excelent picture with good dynamic range and natural colours (kinda like what I look for in audio)....

Ciao T

3DSonics, Aug 14, 2005
  7. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

giggle :shame:

I've not read any mag's for a couple of years now other than when killing time at train stations and such. WHF? served it's purpose in so much as letting me know there was MOre out there than just sony and panasonic when I first picked it up 10+ years ago. But it soon became nothing MOre than a catalogue.

As for rear projection tvs, don't you find it a PITA having only a relatively tiny field of view if you don't want to lose all contrast and tone? Or have things improved?

MO!, Aug 14, 2005
  8. MO!

Hi,

The double entendre was entierly intentional, I think I'm getting the hang of this "british humor" thing after all, not bad for a german I'd think, untill now the best we managed was being royalty.

In the context the "horizontal dispersion" is great and we rarely watch TV standing up or lying on the floor, so it ain't that noticable. Kinda like "Don't you find using an 8W Amplifer a little limiting?" - answer, my neighbours don't find it so....

I can imagine situations where both viewing angle and absolute brightness can be an issue, in that case I'd probably go for a real serious 90's Pro Projector (4tuber) refurbished, with a good screen. But then, in our case the TV is "cinema replacement", not "Footie & Eastenders"....

Ciao T

3DSonics, Aug 14, 2005
Ask a Question