What kind of music do they play in Dublin's pubs and clubs?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Dec 17, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Is there many places you can go that play indie/lighter rock (ie not heavy metal, stuff like Nervana at the high end, Mozza at the low end (yes I know fat chance!)).

Basicaly I don't mind anything as longs as its not hard house, rnb, any heavy kind of dance music, trance is ok I suppose, is there any clubs/superpubs you can go that play the Cranberries, U2 etc? Or anything a long them lines. I know the typical Manchester club won't exist here simply because its not Manchester.

However in Spain everywhere was all RNB and rap and it did resrict nightlife a bit.

Anybody got any ideas to what the music will be like? For example the music in the pubs in Edinburgh was very good, we bought Manchester to the pubs :D :D Or basicaly it had a Jukebox.

Thanks.

PS My I really like my local irish club but they tend to play indie type music but I am guessing it dosn't mean thats the typical stuff they play in Ireland.

amazingtrade, Dec 17, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

a lot of cover bands in dublin i suspect, a lot of pubs to so do a pub crawl and see what you come across.
    adds to the adventure.

rob, Dec 18, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

There is a Morrissey aftershow party at the Hub in the Temple Bar so thats monday night sorted out. Tuesday night I think is just best left random.

amazingtrade, Dec 18, 2004
  4. amazingtrade

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

a random night in dublin , nice , go for it fella.

rob, Dec 18, 2004
  5. amazingtrade

johnhunt recidivist

havn't been there for a long time but I suspect it's wall to wall diddly diddly

johnhunt, Dec 18, 2004
  6. amazingtrade

SCIDB Moderator

Hi

I went to Dublin last summer and found it enjoyable. The pub/bar/ club scene is very varied. Plenty to do. You will fine something to do quite quickly. When we were there, we sampled a wide range bars & pubs, from traditional Irish pubs to trendy upmarket bars.

There is a lot of live entertainment from your trad Irish folk music to cover bands to new music. It's not wall to wall diddly diddly music.

I suggest going on a pub/bar crawl.

Places I would recommend are the Temple Bar in Temple bar, The Porterhouse on Parliment st & Zanibar on Lower Ormond Quay. There were many more which I can't remember off the top of my head.

Have a look at this site for some info on what's happening in Dublin.

http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/12/pt/11.htm

Have fun.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Dec 18, 2004
Ask a Question