what price an s/h orbe?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by midlifecrisis, May 13, 2005.

1. midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis Firm member

I've seen a shop advertising an Orbe with RB250 for a private seller at £1300. No idea what condition - but assuming decent condition, is this a fair price and what would I need to look out for if I had a look at it?

midlifecrisis, May 13, 2005
  2. midlifecrisis

sideshowbob Trisha

Depends. Is it the older AC motor version or the more recent DC? Is it an Orbe or an Orbe SE (without the acrylic base and dustcover)? Does it have the recent spring suspension or the older style? In all cases, more recent is better. All the upgrades are retrofittable by Michell, but, obviously, they all cost money.

The RB250 won't really do it justice either, it needs a better arm to really do its stuff, if it was me I'd negotiate a discount to buy it armless (provided it's not too old and is in good condition) and then fit something better, new armboards for just about any arm imaginable are available from Michell for about £25.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, May 13, 2005
  3. midlifecrisis

muffinman

in the case of the motor upgrade, this is £800. sort of spoils the point really.

turntableworld in darlington appear to be the s/h michell boys. give them a call

muffinman, May 13, 2005
Ask a Question