What to buy ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by twoblacklines, Sep 9, 2007.

1. twoblacklines

twoblacklines

Hi my first post weee! lol

Im saving up for the audiolab 8000av and 8000x7 however i dont really need 7.1 only 5.1 (id be happy with 2.1 tbh).

Im bidding on (and if i cant win, ill buy one for £400 ish) an 8000S integrated amp because i cant afford av yet, i plan to link it with a good subwoofer and some speakers, such as EPOS ELS3's or something.

Will dolby or dts work in 2.1 mode ?

I currently have a panasonic all - in - one which is ok, has lpf filters on the "sub" channels which i have going into an oz audio vector sub instead, however because theres no custom filter, the cut off seems to be at 100hz so when i watch movies the bass is either always there or never there, theres no boom of explosions just high bass all the time including voices.......no good.

Can the 8000S work with the 8000x7 ? as it says its both integrated and a pre-amp, i dont really understand it ?

What speakers would you recommend me buying for £200 (if i buy amp for 400) overall budget of £600 every 4 months.

thanks!

twoblacklines, Sep 9, 2007
  2. twoblacklines

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

the 8000s is two channel only. so unless you only wnat to run two identical chanels with your 8000x7, it's not the right choice.

sq225917, Sep 9, 2007
Ask a Question