what tt?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Gaffer74, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Gaffer74

Gaffer74

Have interesting comments on another forum so thought I'd see what you thought:

Cheers for any thoughts.

Gaffer

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2005
    Gaffer74, Nov 12, 2005
  2. Gaffer74

zanash

A rebuilt 160bc or super will give many top TT a run. The166 would have come fitted with thorens own arm and a load of extra bit to operate it. £009 arm is not the best sme ever made !

LP12 not my cup of tea

regas and projects good....but you need to spend a bit on TT suports. The suspended types will reduce the need [ not eliminate it].

Ifyou can find a SH Logic DM10-1 mkII, or even tempo or a Alphason models....these really rock...[and have some degree of prat].

zanash, Nov 13, 2005
  3. Gaffer74

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

my standard reccomendation sub £500 is a used nottingham analogue interspace.

it sounds great, is unlikely to have damage (there isnt any suspension to damage!), can be upgraded with heavier platters and power supplies, and often comes with a rega arm for about £400-£450.

If I couldnt have a NAS interspace, I'd get lorricraft to do me up a garrard with a rega arm for less than £500.

bottleneck, Nov 13, 2005
  4. Gaffer74

3DSonics away working hard on "it"

Hi,

For your budget I'd say:

Technics SL-1200 et al (Yes, the "DJ" Turntable")

DIY Suspension Platform using multiple squashballs (yellow-dot) and 1" MDF or slate for the top

Denon DL-103 Cartridge

Project Glass Platter Mat

External re-wiring of the arm using suitable Wire, from simple enameled copper wire to van den hul litz-silver.

You can pull that off on budget and as system it will be a much better table than any of the supposedly "HiFi" tables at that budget point.

Ciao T

3DSonics, Nov 13, 2005
  5. Gaffer74

shanesndsurgry releasing the music

Any one know where I can get my old Sansui direct drive TT arm ripped out and modded with a new one? I'm currently thinking sme or hadcock?

Oh a a real nice pro job would be needed as the deck is a bit of a stunner!

shanesndsurgry, Nov 13, 2005
  6. Gaffer74

Gaffer74

thanx everyone, coupled with answers from other forums, i'm currrently trying to demo some fixed chassis designs and am looking into the project 2xperience option.

Gaffer74, Nov 14, 2005
Ask a Question