What's it worth?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Seeker_UK, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK

Apologies if this not an appropriate question for this forum so please delete if it is.

I've just upgraded to a Meridian 506.24 from an Exposure CD player - I believe it's the first model they made, looks like this:

[​IMG]

But has a red LED display rather than blue.

I'd like to sell it but don't know what they're worth (1200 new I believe and I bought it 4 years ago for £600). Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance:)

Seeker_UK, Oct 27, 2008
  2. Seeker_UK

Andy 831

I would stick it in Classifieds for what you paid for the Meridian and see how it goes, you can always come down in price if there is no interest, its more difficult to increase the price though

Andy 831, Oct 28, 2008
  3. Seeker_UK

Levi_501 Its in The Jeans...

I have seen them on ebay go for £3-400, although not seen one for a while.

IMHO, a very good and honest player

Levi_501, Oct 28, 2008
  4. Seeker_UK

JANDL100

Yes, the Exposure cdps are very well reviewed - as it must be a fairly old one (being the original, as you say) I think it would go for about £300.

Here's a review http://www.soundstage.com/todd10.htm, I think it's of your one. The reviewer seems to be assessing it in a very high end system, which is hardly appropriate really - but that's reviewers for you! - but it comes out pretty well.nonetheless. Cherry-picking the best bits ;) ...

"an excellent sense of rhythm and pace. Jazz disks swung hard, rock rocked out and classical waltzed with surety and nimbleness."

"Bass extension was nice"

"The midrange, while also ever so slightly lean, was inviting, detailed and was the strongest contributor to my feeling of musical excitement. Massed strings had both bite and power. Female vocals could, and often did raise goosebumps and the middle register of the piano had drive, clarity and power."

"Staging was precise, with nice although not ultimate depth. Side to side, the CD Player was a very good performer as well. Image stability was excellent"

"Dynamics were very good as well, which added to the upfront and exciting presentation of the CD Player."

Not bad at all!!

Hope that helps. :)

JANDL100, Nov 2, 2008
Ask a Question