When Is Fair Not Fair

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nando, Jul 6, 2008.

1. nando

nando nando

just to say another coment about eBAY and PAYPAL, i don't know how many of you use this method to sell goods, as for me i can only sell discontiued stock, now the new rules that i have recieved from both is as follows:
    if you are the seller you must send the goods pronto and wait up to 21 days before you get your money, if buyer does not give you or paypal a + response then he or she can claim their money back from your a/c. they now want a list of your personal facts like to fax them a picture of your self and proof of billing to you that comfirms you live there etc, etc, further more they will charge you a percentage for the transaction, views please,
    nando.:confused:

nando, Jul 6, 2008
  2. nando

la toilette Downright stupid

Where did you get this info from? I've not heard anything about it before and it sounds very unlikely!

la toilette, Jul 6, 2008
  3. nando

SMEagol Because we wants it...

its an absolute joke, its yet another example of ebays greed giving sellers the finger.

I also hate the way you can't leave negative feedback about a buyer - how bloody new age - I've had some buyers that have been total arses, and now I'm expected to give them a hug. that just distorts profiles and opens the whole shebang up even further to fraud or having to deal with @!$%'s.

In addition to fees for not selling my Trilogy amps I'm up to £100 this month with no relisting credits for some words and pixels - god I hate them, and their cut and paste attitude to addressing complaints...

They deliberately make life difficult if you want to challenge them, its outrageous.

not a fan then.

SMEagol, Jul 6, 2008
  4. nando

nando nando

i agree , i just refounded buyers for their demanding buys to get to them before i get payed by paypal, new rules are that if you list an item and enclose the fact that you do not want to be paid by paypal they block bids, how sick is that!!
    nando

nando, Jul 6, 2008
  5. nando

monopolists of the worst kind.

They only act like this because they have no effective competition. Since they own paypal, they just get to double up the fees.

I work with computers and monopolists Adobe are exactly the same, if a competitor has a superior product, buy the company and phase out the product and replace it with a dud from your own stable. Either that or grind the competition down with heavily discounted software suites for colleges and universities for the next generation of users, that other companies that sell a single product just can't afford to do. I have a colossal dislike for Adobe, and now ebay!!!. They take away free choice.

As John Wayne once said, "Get a man by the balls, and his heart and mind will follow."

very ebay.

SMEagol, Jul 6, 2008
  6. nando

Samantha

I was bidding on something this weekend, was due to finish Tuesday ...... I get home this evening to find my bid has been cancelled, and the item has ended with 0 bids.

Doesn't seem cricket.

I also agree that it is unfair that sellers cannot give negative feedback - if someone has been a bad buyer, then they need rating too surely.

I also didn't realise you had to still pay even if items are not sold. I have only ever been a buyer..... but I do have something now that I am considering putting on ebay - yikes!!

Samantha, Jul 6, 2008
  7. nando

mr cat Member of the month

mr cat, Jul 7, 2008
  8. nando

auric FOSS

E-Bay not quite an auction house and Pay-Pal, not quite a bank. Although in the mind of most users they act as such and are bound by the laws pertaining to auctions houses and banks.

E-Bay and Pay-Pal are commanded to make a profit for their owners and as such try their best to maximise profits and as long as buyers and sellers realise this then everyone is happy.

I expect E-Bay wants to get rid of people who do not contribute all that much to their bottom line, it is the way of the business world and if this alienates a small number of users then I expect E-Bay is not all that bothered. They are on the other hand they might be worried about bad publicity but with a near monopolistic grasp on the market I expect that they are not all that bother about a vocal few.

auric, Jul 7, 2008
  9. nando

Bob McC living the life of Riley

Trouble is PayPal are not based in the UK and are not bound by British banking rules.

Bob McC, Jul 7, 2008
  10. nando

auric FOSS

And that is the point, the user operates without the protection offered by UK financial laws and as long as they wish to trade that way then good luck to them. If protection of UK law is wanted then trade with another company but if that is not possible then trade fully accepting E-Bay's and Pay-Pal's rules.

auric, Jul 7, 2008
  11. nando

nando nando

JUST FOUND OUT, i had two items for sale i have a 283 sales record 100% poss. and because paypal has not compleated their procedure as it takes 10 working days "although they have my bank details" the bidders that i had on those items were cancelled, wow, talk about BIG C...'S, i can not contact those bidders until such day when i have to re-list them when paypal recieve a picture of me , surprice they do not want my finger prints, oh well i gave a lot of people good bargains on ebay, i will still sell through my existing clientel, but where i used to give a good price now in the future i have to pass paypal's charges,
    nando

nando, Jul 8, 2008
  12. nando

nando nando

LATEST FROM PAYPAL,
    they insist of a photograph of me and a bill to be addresed to my home as proof that iam who i am, my reply was if they also wanted my finger prints, keys to my house, passport and all my bank details with pins,!!!!!
    i told them that their requirements were an infriction to self privacy and could be used for identety fraud, i think "personally" that they have no right to ask for such information, also contacted ebay by email, still waiting for a reply, however after4 years on ebay and 291 sales 100% record i have now a negative from a buyer that insisted by paing paypal when he new damm well i had no a/c with them, money got refunded as i had to do, still he was very arrogant and egar to give me a -, i then left him a very possitive feedback , i hope he sleeps well,
    nando

nando, Jul 12, 2008
  13. nando

You are describing the standard requirements for opening a bank account in the UK now.

Bob McC, Jul 12, 2008
  14. nando

nando nando

paypal is not a bank, we choose what bank we want to use, you have no choice if you deal with ebay you have to accept paypal like it or not, at least if you go to a high street bank you give your personal effects face to face, not by faxing them to who knows what.
    nando

nando, Jul 13, 2008
  15. nando

Dick Bowman

If you don't like an organisation's terms of business, don't do business with them.

There are always alternatives.

Whenever I see a company using ebay as a sales channel or PayPal as a payment medium I keep away. Neither gives me a sense that I would be dealing with a serious business.

Dick Bowman, Jul 13, 2008
  16. nando

Well said. I don't like EBay's changes either but instead of posting rambling posts about I just stopped using it. Nando there's nothing you can do about it.

Bob McC, Jul 13, 2008
  17. nando

I'd always rather lock horns than back down in any argument, at least I did my best is my attitude. Never give an inch in the face of blatant corporate steamrollering, unless you absolutely have to. I for one am glad you shared your thoughts Nando.

SMEagol, Jul 13, 2008
  18. nando

auric FOSS

auric, Jul 17, 2008
  19. nando

That's their very successful business model and they are entitled to run it as they wish. Its the people on here who think it should be a social service that need a reality check.

Bob McC, Jul 17, 2008
  20. nando

nando nando

hey guys, latest, paypal just emaild me to say that i have been payed by a buyer £1750.00 for an item that i do not sale, money ofcourse i refunded, called them, spoke to them , excuse form them computer error, i am amazed.
    nando.

nando, Jul 19, 2008
Ask a Question