Where do I go from here?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Le Chef, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Le Chef

Le Chef

I have an old LP12/Lingo/Aro/Aromatic/Troika 72/HiCap/Naxo/HiCap/4 x Nap135/SBL setup.

It's taking up too much space
    I would prefer a simpler setup
    I want to get into Home Theater
    My hearing is going...

I've thought about 3 core options:

Rega P5/CD5X/112/150/FC/Arrivas/DVD5

Rega P5/DIVA89/AVR300/B&W 704's

Rega P7/CDX2/202/200/SBL's/DVD5

I'm also still not 100% clear about what else I would need to add to make these systems work is a simple home theater setup

Any suggestions???

MTIA

Le Chef, Oct 3, 2004
  2. Le Chef

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

My suggestion is forget the DVD5. Most people who saw it at the heathrow show thought the image quality was laughable for a £500 DVD player, let alone a £2500 DVD player. Get denon's new 3910 instead.

I'd also suggest that there are better alternatives to naim speakers. PMC and ATC should perhaps be on your list, along with an MJ sub.

I-S, Oct 3, 2004
  3. Le Chef

julian2002 Muper Soderator

72/hicap/250 into some b&w matrix 804 / 803's should sound excelent. for ht duties get a yamaha dsp e-800 a b&w center and some cheap dipole rears. dvd player? whatever but take a look at dvd recorders too. i wouldn't be without the ability to pause tv or run chasing playback on things i'm recording now. you may even make a profit too.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Oct 3, 2004
  4. Le Chef

adam

I would also save the money on the DVD5 and get a nice panny plasma if you don't have one and a Pioneer DVD player,the suggestion of some older B&W 804 matrix are good speakers far more better than the newer 700 and would be cheaper if you find any.

Both the Regas are exellent, I would go for the P7 if I had the funds,but the P5 'ant no slouch,with a nice Dynavector cart will sound exellent.Not sure on amps recommendations but I use a Pioneer 912,which for me does the job for A/V only.

adam, Oct 3, 2004
Ask a Question