Which £400-£800 Speakers for Cyrus Integrated Amp???

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by bertiedootes, Dec 28, 2007.

1. bertiedootes

shrink

i would stay well clear of a DAD7 these days.. the CDM9 is an antique in transport terms and is impossible to repair and replace at this stage. Even the older DAD3 model is becoming harder to get bits for, but is at least still relatively serviceable.

For the price of a dad7 on ebay (they go for far too much) i would get a dad3Q

shrink, Dec 31, 2007
  2. bertiedootes

greg Its a G thing

The 7 is not at all thin, very good amp IME especially with the PSX-R.

My definite recommendation would be the Ruark Epilogue Reference. They work beautifully with my Cyrus 7; really alive and room filling (room size dependant of course) and not at all bright or over-analytical.

greg, Jan 2, 2008
  3. bertiedootes

monst

hiya bertie, you have pm.

monst, Jan 2, 2008
  4. bertiedootes

bertiedootes

Right. First off, many thanks for everyone's contribution, advice and warm welcome.

Monst...got your pm and replied, thanks.

Update.........

Ok, I now have a cd7 (not the cd7q which I was advised is a good player to match my c3 - but beggars can't be choosers and I'm an impatient kinda fella). Feel like a good DAC coming on later in the year.

I am obviously still in the market for some lovely speakers to match.....but (and I ain't gonna quote Hucknell) the bucks have dried up a bit, Crimbo has also seen me wiped dry, holidays need to be deposited for and a daughter's 11th birthday at the end of the month. Hmmmm unless she would like me to buy her some lovely grilled, shiny boxes of wood ....and maybe also give up on her summer sun??

Anyway, what I suppose I am saying is enough is enough for the moment. All this kit was not even envisaged to be bought three weeks ago....and as much as I desperately want some semblance of a decent singing pair of standmounters to get me reasonably started on this long and winding continued, but oh so enjoyable, madness....I best resist.

......Hmmmm now I wonder if that boss of mine would give me an advance
    :rolleyes:

bertiedootes, Jan 2, 2008
  5. bertiedootes

robert_cyrus

"Them" = me! I had a few people informing me they couldnt join due to the invalid security code, and at the same time lots of new members, so must be particular to the browser, I guess. Always worked for me in testing.

Anyway, I've swapped the security check for something else, to avoid spammers etc. so there wont be this problem going forwards.

No knowledge of any dad3's for sale but they do appear on ebay from time to time.

robert_cyrus, Jan 3, 2008
  6. bertiedootes

robert_cyrus

Smooth and not punchy? Not at all!
    I can't tell the difference between a dad3q24 and a cd7, and I've listened to them both side by side.

robert_cyrus, Jan 3, 2008
Ask a Question