which Marantz amp to choose

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by tomekk, Nov 12, 2003.

1. tomekk

tomekk

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am writing from Warsaw, Poland and I wonder whether you could help in choosing the right Marantz amplifier. I will use it 70% for music listening and 30% for movies. The choice for my budget limits is between SR 5300 and SR 6300 (initially I was also thinking about yamaha v 1300 but been told that Marantz is more for music listeners). I wonder whether sr 6300 is worth the addtional money (in Poland it costs approx. 400 Euros more than SR 5300). I will use it together with DV 6200 and B&W 603 s3 (and in future hopefully with B&W LCR 60 and 600 s3). My music preferences are more classical music and easy jazz (Metheny, Krall, Wilson, Norah Jones, etc)

tomekk, Nov 12, 2003
  2. tomekk

michaelab desafinado

Hello and welcome to the forum! How did you find out about it out of interest?

Most people here will probably suggest that you'd be better off getting a decent stereo amplifier because that will give you a much better sound for music, which seems to be your main interest. This is especially the case if you only have 2 speakers at the moment.

However, on the choice between the two I'd go for the SR5300, I doubt the 6300 would be worth 400 Euros extra. You should be able to get a very good price on the 5300 as it's just been replaced by the SR5400.

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 12, 2003
  3. tomekk

tomekk

Michaelab,

Thanks for your advice -for obvious reasons I am also inclined to go for sr 5300. I have found a link to this forum posted in one of the threads on www.hifichoice.co.uk (the latter I had found with google :) )

tomekk, Nov 12, 2003
Ask a Question