Which table would you want in your home?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by lbr, Aug 9, 2008.

1. lbr

lbr monkey boy

See your point, but if you accept (and fair enough if you don't) that isolation is generally necessary then that implies either a) building equipment that is completely immune to the effects of vibration or b) designing and incorporating their own isolation systems. Approach a) may not be feasible or at least cost effective. Option b) is feasible, and some manufacturers do adopt this, but it's unlikely to be a core skill and there's still always a very good chance that one of the many aftermarket solutions will be better - after all there are a great many ingenious (and copyrighted) designs.

Also, as there is already such a wide array of aftermarket options maybe some manufacturers assume that the user will have his own solution (or that the user doesn't care).

lbr, Aug 16, 2008
  2. lbr

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Just healthy scepticism LB!

Purite Audio, Aug 16, 2008
  3. lbr

Snoopdog

As put so eloquently above, if the component manufacturer does not possess the skilss to engineer a solution into their product then the option remains to buy it in as evidenced by Belles and Berning's (amongst others) use of OEM Stillpoints feet for their amplifiers.

Snoopdog, Aug 16, 2008
  4. lbr

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Snoop I have them on my turntable ( it came with them and some standard metal/rubber feet ) but I couldn't hear any difference, the rubber feet left a bit of a mark on the table though!

Purite Audio, Aug 16, 2008
Ask a Question