White Stripes

Discussion in 'General Music' started by lordsummit, Jun 26, 2004.

1. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

Just come back from my local record emporium with a really weird White Stripes LP, it's on Yellow Vinyl and features a John Peel session recorded at Maida Vale. It's a white label so no help there. It doesn't sound bad either features amongst others a really good version of Jolene. They had a few other 'live' recordings of the Stripes that I've never seen anywhere else again on LP, although these don't appear to be on the same whacky vinyl. They're going for a tenner each. Anyone else seen these?

lordsummit, Jun 26, 2004
  2. lordsummit

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Selectadisc in Nottingham have a whole raft of similar pressings - they seem to be to all intents bootlegs - generally with no catalogue no. or indication of who the record co. or distributor are. Red vinyl, white vinyl I've seen (but not yellow vinyl). The fact that they are readily available in an established record shop would suggest that they are sort of official bootlegs. I've got one on red vinyl called "Digital is Evil". Some stuff recorded live in Dublin and some stuff live in Detroit (I think - memory a little hazy on that). The quality varies, but I don't often play it cos it has a warp from hell on it. The Peel sessions stuff ought to be of good quality recording wise if the pressing is good - definitely should be music wise - I've heard the MP3 downloads of the sessions.
    :rolleyes:

Uncle Ants, Jun 26, 2004
Ask a Question