Who do I report bogus bank confirmation emails to?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Apr 20, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Is their website I can report these scams? I have had two emails in the last month, one from Barclays and one today from Royal bank of Scotland. Both asking to confirm online baking details.

The domain names are totaly incorrect, when you click it on it just takes you to an IP address.

It seems the site is down now so the police/isp must already know about. However how long till they setup it up again?

Please can all people if they get any emails from the bank asking to confirm details IGNORE THEM!

The bank should never need to confirm details, why would they need to check your credit card details? If they do need somthing confirmed they would write to you.

I know most people on here are fully aware of these scams, but some of the less technical users may not be so please forgive me if this sounds a little patronising.

amazingtrade, Apr 20, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

penance Arrogant Cock

I know halifax have a specific email addy for these issues, may be worth contacting the relevant banks and asking.

penance, Apr 20, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

i send them back to my bank

themadhippy, Apr 20, 2004
  4. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

On the lloydstsb site there's a notice about them.

I had one from Barclays (I think) the other day, despite not having a barclays acount!

I'd forward them to the bank, I'd imagine they're aware of them already though.

MO!, Apr 20, 2004
Ask a Question