Why are integrated amps allergic to MC phono stages?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Dynamic Turtle, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Dynamic Turtle

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

I've been scouring weebay trying to find a functional (i.e. non-70's) integrated amp with an internal MC phono stage, for under a £150 and am not having any joy whatsoever.

I'm about to embark on some box-swapping and need a go-between for a few weeks while components are sold and I trial replacements. Will also come in handy during the utterly interminable waits between lazy arse service engineers to fix my bloody amps!

I DO NOT want an external PS. Too much hassle - everything has to be in the box.

So, can anyone recommend something that was made in the last twenty years that actually has these features? Can't find anything from the usual suspects Rotel, sony, denon, cambridge, audiolab etc.

Help!
    DT

Dynamic Turtle, Nov 25, 2008
  2. Dynamic Turtle

darrylfunk

you could look at the harman kardon amps from a while back they go for peanuts and are in general nice amps.

darrylfunk, Nov 25, 2008
  3. Dynamic Turtle

Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK, Nov 25, 2008
  4. Dynamic Turtle

Stevefish69

Audiolab 8000a has both mm and mc IIRC

Stevefish69, Nov 25, 2008
  5. Dynamic Turtle

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

Thanks guys, not sure I'll be able to get an alpha 9 for under £150, but I'll have a go...

Dynamic Turtle, Nov 26, 2008
Ask a Question