Why so deathly quiet here??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Arkless Electronics, Jan 23, 2024.

1. Arkless Electronics

Hodges

"There is none so deaf as those that will not listen, or so blind as those that will not see". - Good luck on that one.

Hodges, Jun 28, 2024
  2. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics

Ah well then I suppose trumpism, fake news and the rise of fascism are "just a game nothing is for ever and every new generation has to make its own mistakes - you can't teach experience." ??

I've no idea what you are on about re the mains dist panel!

I'll take comfort on your behalf that if some yob torched your car you would be completely fine with that because it would have been scrap/recycled in maybe 10 years time anyhow:D

Arkless Electronics, Jun 28, 2024
  3. Arkless Electronics

Hodges

That's what insurance is for! And what purpose is served by worrying about things that may never happen.

We are all just passengers, so you have to either trust the driver or never get on the bus. I used to fret, worry about things that were; looking back, never of any consequence. I am amazed I got to the age of 77. So, I'm in credit by seven years. what more can I ask?

Being honest with people may well be salve to your conscience, but folks don't have to listen. I'm not saying don't tell the truth. But that is as much as you can do. Persuading one person is a momentous achievement in modern times. The rest have their reasons for not being persuaded and can't be arsed to explain - so why give monkey's, when they don't?

Hodges, Jun 28, 2024
  4. Arkless Electronics

Hodges

"Ah well then I suppose trumpism, fake news and the rise of fascism are just a game". They are! but when Honest Folk fail to reject it, and simply do nothing, it succeeds. HiFi however, cannot be gauged by the same yardstick.

Why not, design and build the best possible amplifier, regardless of cost, and market it for what it is. It will be far more gratifying than tearing your hair out over something you will not change - unless you establish a Credo for the kind of quality the top manufacturers claim as their own?

Hodges, Jun 28, 2024
  5. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics

It seems there are things we will have to agree to disagree on. Your present laissez faire attitude is strongly contradicted by the veritable swarm of bees in your bonnet earlier over political matters:rolleyes:

Arkless Electronics, Jun 28, 2024
    Hodges likes this.
  6. Arkless Electronics

Hodges

That too is part of the game! Once these issues made me quite angry. Now, I just use them as a source of entertainment - Pythonesque. I know now I my existence, or otherwise has never been of any consequence to the Grand Scheme, only to family and friends.

My taxes have long been taken and spent; and continue to be spent, on what - ever Governments chose and I had/have no say in the matter - at all. Parliamentary Democracy is promoted by politicians to sustain their power and influence over us - it is not something I subscribe to. "The Divine Right of Kings" has been supplanted by "The Divine Right of Parliament".

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” ― Epicurus

"Non Fui, Fui, Non sum, Non Curo" - Epicurus.
    - Engraved on the tombs of many Romans. "Life is all you have, there is no hereafter, so make the most of it" - my interpretation.

Why squander it fretting about how others squander theirs?

Hodges, Jun 29, 2024
  7. Arkless Electronics

Hodges

Is there any likelihood of the Forum Owner making some contribution - or does he expect us to generate income, on his behalf, without making some contribution?

How much prompting does he need? There is enough here for him to respond in some way or another!

Hodges, Jun 29, 2024
Ask a Question