Why the probelm with large English brand names?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Ken, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Ken

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Wasn't M/F either Mike, Its Linn, their turn over was virtually 6 times that of naim in 2002-2003,(still haven't seen naims accounts for 2003-2004) M/f may have had a glut of 308 stuff still lying about possibly.

wadia-miester, Sep 9, 2004
  2. Ken

The Devil IHTFP

Obviously not.

Shame. I'm going to cry in a minute!

It's neither, really. It's called 'nonsense', and comes from someone who, I think, knows that his merchandise is irrelevant to Mana users. Even if he doesn't know, we know.

The Devil, Sep 9, 2004
  3. Ken

greg Its a G thing

Yaaaaaawwwwwwwwn.

greg, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Ken

greg Its a G thing

I have heard this (ie. bleaching of texture) from four completely unconnected people who have investigated Mana - plus AK who has heard your very setup), though I have heard several in support, plus one sociopath who claims it is the first and the last word in hi-fi - nutter. I havent drawn any conclusion myself as I havent investigated it, but I'm aware there are differences of opinion....

Cue Bub's escape clause "those that dont like it - couldnt have been setup properly or they must be lying because they are jealous..." :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2004
    greg, Sep 9, 2004
  5. Ken

The Devil IHTFP

I don't need an escape clause. If you think I'm lying about Mana, just say so.

wtf is bleaching of texture anyway? WM coined it, and AK I suspect has just parroted it, for reasons of his own.

I would say come and listen to my system, but I can't be bothered with you after your continual personal insults.

The Devil, Sep 9, 2004
  6. Ken

penance Arrogant Cock

Greg, may i suggest the ignore function ;)
    If enough of us do it, the problem will probably go away with tail between legs:)

penance, Sep 9, 2004
  7. Ken

The Devil IHTFP

You seem to have missed the whole point of the 'ignore' function, and indeed the very word itself!

The Devil, Sep 9, 2004
  8. Ken

michaelab desafinado

greg - there's no need to resort to calling Bub names.

Michael.

michaelab, Sep 9, 2004
  9. Ken

merlin

YET Another boring M*** thread :D

Bub must be working for that discount on Ph 11 ;)

merlin, Sep 9, 2004
  10. Ken

greg Its a G thing

For f*ck's sake. Why are you finding it so hard to separate the subject of Mana from the attempts I and others have made to express in what way we find your manner of talking about the subject hard to bear?

I dont think you are lying about how you feel about Mana, or about your experiences using it.

I wouldnt say anything I have written is especially insulting, anymore than the tone and manner of some of your replies - come on we are big boys and this is no big deal! However if you feel offended by remarks I have made which have been unfair then I apologise - genuinely.

To try and restate the concept as simply as possible - you are an absolutist in a world of empiricism - you refuse to accept there is any legitimacy in the opinions of others who do not share your viewpoint - that is arrogant - I dont think thats an unfair interpretation as thus is surely not an insult?

You repeat the same things over and over again - thats repetitiveness - I dont think thats an unfair interpretation and thus is surely not an insult?

You become petulant when people express their displeasure - I dont think thats an unfair interpretation and thus is surely not an insult?

In an attempt to be more constructive - why not consider writing up a review of Mana, then whenever you feel the need to draw the attention of new comers to the subject, or anyone who asks a questions about anything which you feel obliged to hijack onto the subject of Mana - you can simply link to your review. This would serve both your objectives and demonstrate a modicum of courtesy.

Regards bleaching of texture - as I said I couldnt comment however it was a similar comment I heard from two other people before I ever heard it said on this forum and I would be very surprised if AK said it just because Tony said it. Come on - AK has listened to your setup, are you suggesting he is lying?

greg, Sep 9, 2004
  11. Ken

greg Its a G thing

Well, my previous post lays out why I feel these comments are not, in my view, just name calling or insults. However if Bub and you feel them to be so then I shall desist from both this type of remark and the subject in general in future. Regards Greg.

greg, Sep 9, 2004
  12. Ken

The Devil IHTFP

I think AK has rather strange hearing.

Every time I mention Mana there is a massive over-reaction here. Suggests that you just really don't want to know, which is odd.

Personal insults should be off limits, I never do it.

The Devil, Sep 9, 2004
  13. Ken

julian2002 Muper Soderator

greg,
    you're pissing in the wind there mate. however a couple of things should be said.

1) Bub believes that mana is a cure all for any system problem, therefore any request for an improvement to a system will elicit a response of 'try mana' from bub. imho this is perfectly acceptable given bubs belief / experience of mana.

2) there is a bit of a forum tradition now of jumping on bub if he mentions mana. if people ignored the temptation to comment on bub's continuous recomendations of mana then things would go a lot more smoothly.

3) some of the arguments are fun though.

cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 9, 2004
  14. Ken

greg Its a G thing

I described above why I dont class the comments as insulting, but as both you and Michael feel they are insults and you feel offended then I will not repeat them and I apologise for any offence caused. Greg

greg, Sep 9, 2004
  15. Ken

greg Its a G thing

Fair comment and I do appreciate Bub genuinely wants new comers to be aware of the product - but I would add - a nicely written up review in one place, then references by link would surely be a more courteous method?

Perhaps, though I would add I came from a benign position on the subject and on Bub's posts, but eventually felt he was geuinely starting to negatively affect things on the forum - maybe its just me who feels this way. However, as you say any attempt to articulate this to Bub is indeed pissing in the wind. End of the matter AFAIC.

greg, Sep 9, 2004
  16. Ken

Lt Cdr Data om

sometimes bubs mana stuff gets even more tiresome than me!!, it gets serious when you even start to tire of your own comments

why don't we just have a bub free month and ration the amount he can mention mana? it is seeming like every thread is starting to degenerate as soon as bub comes on.

Lt Cdr Data, Sep 9, 2004
  17. Ken

The Devil IHTFP

OK try these, I can't write reviews:

http://mana.co.uk/reviews.htm

I would appreciate it if you could take the time to read them before commenting further, unless you have tried Mana yourself.

You will say that they are "out-of-date", no doubt, but they are not. You will also say that reviews mean nothing or are paid for by the manufacturers. Mana has never been one of the 'big boys', never a big advertiser, yet they got these reviews. Makes you wonder?

There is no substitute for trying it, as with any other product.

it is seeming like every thread is starting to degenerate as soon as bub comes on

ISTM that it is the hysterical over-reaction from you lot which makes the threads degenerate.

The Devil, Sep 9, 2004
  18. Ken

michaelab desafinado

greg - how would you clasify calling bub a sociopath and a nutter, if not insults? Still, bub as I mentioned to you privately, you can't expect to bait people up about mana and expect to be treated with kid gloves.

As Julian suggests, I would recommend people just don't react to bub's postings about mana and it would all be a lot more peaceful.

Michael.

michaelab, Sep 9, 2004
  19. Ken

penance Arrogant Cock

No.

penance, Sep 9, 2004
  20. Ken

MartinC Trainee tea boy

Guys, this is getting ridiculous, any chance we could try to restict Mana sniping to threads actually about the stuff? The way things are going I could do with a filter like Penance that ignores any post with the M word in it...

MartinC, Sep 9, 2004
Ask a Question