Wigwam Hijacked Again?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Furyous, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furyous

Furyous

Looks like HifiWigWam has been hacked again, by someone different this time. It does certainly seem to attract the **** heads! Anyway, Wigwam admins, please let us know what's going on...

alex_a_84

Furyous, Nov 6, 2006
  2. Furyous

HiFiWigWam Number 6

Yep, we have been hacked again. Got to wait for the Yanks to wake up to get it fixed, so lunch time at best.

At least it saves me sorting out the mess from last nights cable wars. ;-)

HiFiWigWam, Nov 6, 2006
  3. Furyous

Furyous

hehe. Cables really are one of the least interesting things about hi-fi to me. I believe they make a difference, but I don't really care if someone else doesn't. I'm always amazed how it creates so much contraversy and generates infinitely more interest than hardware components. The silly audiophool.

Furyous, Nov 6, 2006
  4. Furyous

mr cat Member of the month

anyway - site's back up now... ;)

mr cat, Nov 6, 2006
  5. Furyous

Dev Moderator

Guys, yet again I have been forced to delete certain posts. What happened on other forums is not relevant here. If you had any disputes with the mods there, they should stay there. They have their rules, we have ours, which include not to discuss disputes from other forums here.

Dev, Nov 6, 2006
  6. Furyous

Richard Dunn

That forum is part of this industry the same as a retailer or a manufacturer, and therefore has to take responsibility for its actions the same as ANY other part of this industry. Are you saying because it is a forum it is devoid of responsibility for the actions of its owner?

I repeat, this is not a discussion relating to disputes with other members of that forum, so does not come within the terms you have applied to your adjudication. It is purely the behaviour of the owner of that list demanding money in exchange for me posting on that list, which I refused in no uncertain terms. To receive rude and insulting email in return, even refering to personal matters regarding my ability and understanding in Tai-Chi. This from a Kick Boxer!! If I had been treated and insulted this way in a retail shop and posted about it, would you remove that post?

Richard

Richard Dunn, Nov 6, 2006
  7. Furyous

Dev Moderator

As far as I know that forum (and ZG for matter) is privately owned and run by enthusiasts. Both are subject to the owners rules and if that owner decided to charge you for posting because he saw you as a retailer, then that is between you and him. It has nothing to do with ZG. You are as welcome to post here as James from HIWigwam is. Just as long as you observe the rules, which includes the following:-

"The audio community

ZeroGain sits harmoniously in the audio community along with many other audio forums, as such it is not acceptable to bring any personal argument from another place onto ZeroGain."

Dev, Nov 6, 2006
  8. Furyous

Richard Dunn

Well I think this is bordering on creating a form of cartel, and making knowledge propogation about industry events selective according to that "cartel". BUT I respect you, and this forum, so I will back-off.

Richard

Richard Dunn, Nov 6, 2006
  9. Furyous

mr cat Member of the month

:rolleyes:

mr cat, Nov 6, 2006
  10. Furyous

nando nando

DEV, i know and respect our friend who is a MOD. in wigwam, i have been insulted in that forum, racially because i was" and i am" spanish, their abuse to my opinions were so narrow minded that one wonders, i spoke today to w.w. mod, and said to him what i said on the thread, he found it funny. i tell you what dev, if this is big brother,, i will rest my views as nobody is allowed to have a sense of humour, what a f**** sad world..nando

nando, Nov 6, 2006
  11. Furyous

nando nando

you are a gentleman, don't stop your music..nando

nando, Nov 6, 2006
  12. Furyous

greg Its a G thing

That's not a true or fair assessment. There is no bias one way or another. ZG has an AUP which you agree to by posting here. An AUP which simply attempts to avoid uneceassary animosity between individuals, vendors or other forums and ZG, on the basis that any grounds for litigation could be aimed at those people who own ZG. This, I think, is a fair balance between rights and responsibilities.

Why do you feel you should have complete freedom of speech on a privately run forum?

Why not create a blog and publish your feelings there? This is a cheap and completely ideal way of you having your say.

greg, Nov 6, 2006
  13. Furyous

HiFiWigWam Number 6

Sorry to post here, but being accused of being racist on a public forum is libelous.

HiFiWigWam, Nov 6, 2006
  14. Furyous

nando nando

Greg

SORRY MATE, THAT IS HARSH, no need.nando

nando, Nov 6, 2006
  15. Furyous

nando nando

DO YOU REMEMBER "ONION"? THEN WHY HAVE YOU WIPED OUT WHAT WAS SAID ? AS MANY MEMBERS WANTED TO SEE,!I STILL HAVE THOSE COMMENTS, POOR ONION,.NANDO

nando, Nov 6, 2006
  16. Furyous

HiFiWigWam Number 6

You have PM.

HiFiWigWam, Nov 6, 2006
  17. Furyous

nando nando

C/o James At Wigwam, My Comments Are In No Way Threatening To You, As I Respect The Work And Effort You ,"and Others" Who Run Such Forums, My Apoologies If You Got The Wrong End Of My Comment, Arter All We Or Are We Not Together In This, For Enjoyment? Perhaps, Nando

nando, Nov 6, 2006
  18. Furyous

HiFiWigWam Number 6

No misunderstanding. But thanks for those words Nando, I wish you all the best.

Cheers,
    James.

HiFiWigWam, Nov 6, 2006
  19. Furyous

nando nando

THANKS, JAMES WISH YOU A HAPPY FESTIVE SEASON, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, REGARDS NANDO.

nando, Nov 6, 2006
Ask a Question