Will the real D Louth stand up.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by D Louth 77, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D Louth 77

banpe2006

good post

banpe2006, Aug 10, 2008
  2. D Louth 77

zanash

Maybe the issue should be the disclosure of personal or private information designed to bully or denigrate the target .....

if the mods allow this where will it stop ......

will we start seeing people outed for having different views ....oh that already happens ...

how about being outed for having ideas that don't conform with current scientific thinking ....oh that happens too

What about if some one chooses to marry someone from the old eastern block ...oh yes thats happened too

What about if they have red hair or don't dress in precisely the right shade of pink ?

Peoples private lives are private ...

there have been occasion in the past where the people who could make a difference have let things drift ...as the perp's been an associate ...the out come was an exodus of the more erodite members [some have now returned].

Maybe we should out the "idiots" or the "serial abusers" ?

Personally ...in regards to being "in the trade" I think that should be made known .....as hifi is totally subjective ..wrong impressions can easily be created.

I also think that everyone's trade or profession should be displayed ......then theres no doubt in anyones mind where people are coming from ......you could also use it to find an artisan or service provider and maybe in time it would strengthen the bond between ZG 'ers and stop some of abuses that have and are taking place.

these are of course only my opinions ...and will no doubt get someone's goat !

zanash, Aug 11, 2008
  3. D Louth 77

lordsummit moderate mod

Zanash, that is one of the most bizarre post I've seen in many a year.

Nobody has ever 'outed' you, they have disagreed with you.

The issue here is whether members who are in the trade should declare their interests. TBH to not do so strikes me of wanting to have your cake and eat it. Yes I'll discuss hi-fi. Hmmmm I'll talk in glowing terms about something I want to sell....... Oh I can use the forum to push my wares.

I'm not for one minute saying that is what D Louth has done, but surely you can see the possibility?

As the original issue, I have no ideas how one member knew he was in the trade. One adult says one thing, the other another. I have better things to do than 'investigate'.

This forum currently suffers from over aggressive individuals who wish to police things themselves. It is I'm sure putting off more members from posting, and causing scenario's like this one.

The simple question is do you want ZG to flourish or not? If you do, be bloody nicer to each other, stop moaning about pervieved injustices because someone disagrees with you, and make interesting contributions.

Rant over

lordsummit, Aug 11, 2008
  4. D Louth 77

D Louth 77

Hi Lordsummit

I do not wish to or want to sell anything to ZG members on this or any other Forum . If i do then kick me off. I will qualify my comments and at no time will i ever say X or Y is for anyone . I always feel that a shop and home demo is vital and a person should do that first and only then act on what they like or not ,to buy without hearing is madness .

I may from time to time want to buy from ZG members but that is a different thing all together.

I am not a Manufacturer or a distributor of Audio. When on this Forum just an individual with no agenda. Private life and work life are for me split when here . I hope this will suffice .

I for one want ZG to flourish it is a vastly superior looking and functioning Forum than others i have looked at .I particularly like the way it is laid out compared to others .It is clean and you can understand all the info on it at a glance.

Its also worth mentioning that it is fairly free from the use of Anglo Saxon words most of the time un-like other Forums,where posters have to resort to swearing all the time in what they write. This is totally un-necessary IMHO and ZG is a better place without it .

Regards D Louth

D Louth 77, Aug 11, 2008
  5. D Louth 77

Corruption

I waited a few weeks to see what sort of forum this was in terms of content, and members, before I started to post - just to get a feel of what was/wasn't acceptable in general.

There seems to be a decent amount of good-natured arguing (maybe too strong a word?) on here, but then without differences of opinion this would be a very boring place indeed.

Personally I don't care what profession someone on here follows, and I'm fairly certain - without wanting to insult anyone - that I wouldn't buy a product solely on the recommendation of one person on here.

Hopefully this will be put to bed soon and we can all go back to discussing hi-fi; which is the reason we are here....

Corruption, Aug 11, 2008
  6. D Louth 77

SMEagol Because we wants it...

bada bing!

SMEagol, Aug 11, 2008
  7. D Louth 77

unclepuncle

Maybe ZG needs something a bit like the MP's register of interests - though at the end of the day this is just a hifi forum and I think some people are taking things way too seriously.

The problem is that you have admitted that you work in the 'trade' in some capacity or another - why not just go the whole way and tell us who you are and what you do - if you don't then it looks like you have something to hide or a hidden agenda and the back biting and accusations will just keep on going ad infinitum.

unclepuncle, Aug 11, 2008
  8. D Louth 77

zanash

lordsummit ....I never said I'd personally been outed ....[I have re read it and it does not say that to me]

my suggestion is that other people have ....to the point of having there most personal details riddiculed

if you wish I can name them ...but that will serve no purpose other than to prove a point.

The point is that poeple private lives are by definition private and should not be dragged into posts, to be used to brow beat or bully people into conforming to the herd etc.

The seperate issue of misleading people by declaring somethings the best thing since sliced bread when your the importer is I hope what your attempting to avoid .....and hence I agree that vested interests need to be declared.

the abuse I suffered as you know was completely different....the perpetrator got short shift when he tried it with you .....which begs why I had to put up with it for several months ?

zanash, Aug 11, 2008
  9. D Louth 77

D Louth 77

Hi unclepuncle

Look i was given no real choice having been outed. I have said as much as i am going to . If i declare who i am i need not bother going any further . I will have done nothing but to gag myself . All the baggage will be in place and anything i say will be commercial ,how hard is it to understand that my being here is not commercial ,but going the full way will result in that being the case . Look for the last time , i have no commercial interest here .

I am here as a private individual and that is that ,if you find fault in what and how i say things (which the Moderators will see they will pull me on it or kick me off . I am happy with that ,that is fair ) but this is as far as i am going . It is not because i am hiding something it is simply and again i don't understand why some can't see this I WILL BE SELF GAGGING MY SELF. I will be unable to take part as i do now and might as well not bother .

Everyone who is here as Trade and not as a private individual agrees/or not with the conditions of being such ,it means they can trade and so forth but understand they gag themselves over many issues as a penalty for being able to sell(this effects dealers,and distributors more than manufacturers of say cables or a small range of amps or speakers) They can have opinions on anything they don't make ,but for anyone else they will have to limit their opinions and thus be gaged as they will be involved in a whole range of things. If you can't see this then there is no hope for this issue. Which is only an issue if one is here for commerce and i am NOT ,so IMHO there is no real issue .

Regards D Louth

D Louth 77, Aug 11, 2008
  10. D Louth 77

Dev Moderator

We seem to be going round in circle. Any objections to this thread being closed?

Dev, Aug 11, 2008
  11. D Louth 77

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Perhaps it will self gag!

Purite Audio, Aug 11, 2008
  12. D Louth 77

Dick Bowman

I can't help thinking that if D Louth 77 had just said "this is who I am" a week or two ago this would all have been done and forgotten by now.

Dick Bowman, Aug 11, 2008
  13. D Louth 77

lbr monkey boy

Lock it down!

lbr, Aug 11, 2008
  14. D Louth 77

lordsummit moderate mod

OK, I think it is time to lock it down. I'll start a poll asking if members think dealers/engineers etc should have something in their sig.

lordsummit, Aug 11, 2008
Ask a Question