wilson benesch arcs for sale

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by banpe2006, Mar 11, 2007.

1. banpe2006

banpe2006

For sale in Birds eye Maple finish, rather than usual silver panels. In perfect working order and super sounding. there are some scratches to the bottom plates that house the 3 carpet spikes. They are therefore not cosmetically perfect. Sound reproduction is however. i have owned from new and they are just over 4 years old. I have original packing and am open to sensible offers. I am selling as they are now becoming a danger for my son who has not yet, but may pull them on top of him. as you may know, they are standmounters and are very heavy. its a risk that will either injure him, or ruin a very good pair of speakers. I would prefer collection. £1200 Also for sale quad fm4 tuner with original manual £ 160 ono call 07968845369 or [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
    banpe2006, Mar 11, 2007
  2. banpe2006

alphatoner

Hi

I'm interested in the arc's. but can you give me some idea of the price your looking for. Also where abouts are you based (for collection)

Ian

alphatoner, Mar 16, 2007
  3. banpe2006

jtc

Can you post pictures? Or send by email (jtcedinburgh at my gmail dot com email address)

jtc, Mar 17, 2007
  4. banpe2006

banpe2006

wilson benesch arcs

Price not included previously...looking for £1200 firm or shall probably post on ebay next month

banpe2006, Mar 23, 2007
  5. banpe2006

jtc

I'm interested but have to sell my Avantis first (which are among the best speakers money can buy but my wife wants me to downsize to something smaller)... you're not interested in a pair of Avantis by any chance?

jtc, Mar 23, 2007
  6. banpe2006

banpe2006

wilsons

Sorry...ive already purchased speakers to replace the Arcs myself. i purchased some Spendor S100s about 3 months ago. very good, but about 14 years old. big and old fashioned and very stable hence the need to sell the arcs. but good sound. they are ideal as they cant be budged and will not cost the earth if they get knocked or tweeters damaged. I like spendor speakers. really good value second hand. for 2 - 300 quid. They dont have anywhere near the same clarity, or realism as the arcs however, and bass is a lot looser. The arcs have been sitting in my bedroom for nearly 12 months and I only use them at weekends when I can be bothered to bring them down and change them into the system. This is only when the mrs. and my son go out anyway. its a waste, really. I may put on ebay this week, you may wish to try your luck. Im sorry i cant wait any longer, but I want to move them on now. Im worried that if he gets hold of them whilst not being used, he could knacker the tweeters, then Im out of pocket. theyre truly cracking speakers and work flawlessly. theyre just not practical with little kids. then again,nor is anything else of value!.....thanks banpe..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
    banpe2006, Mar 23, 2007
  7. banpe2006

banpe2006

ebay

wilson benesch now on ebay, for anyone wishing to see pics / bid

banpe2006, Mar 25, 2007
  8. banpe2006

4WD

Nice speakers, although how did you manage to ruin them cosmetically in only three years of use? I presume the joy of kids! I sold some box fresh arc's for only a few hundred more than your start price, so I think you'll be lucky to attain that high price.

4WD, Mar 30, 2007
  9. banpe2006

banpe2006

arcs

Not interested then 4WD ? Seems my luck was in..My "high price" was just met and exceeded by £275. Thanks for your positive contribution.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2007
    banpe2006, Mar 30, 2007
Ask a Question