WM's new gear

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by merlin, Jun 20, 2004.

1. merlin

merlin

Anyone had the chance to listen to WM's new system?

I read elsewhere on the net that it now includes Wadia transport & dac, Spectral amps and the Blue Herons, but he has mentioned nothing on here.

merlin, Jun 20, 2004
  2. merlin

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

You didn't ask nicely enough Merlin :)
    Using the word please opens many doors.
    Your Slacking too, its been up for a few days, the thread is Virtual systems assemble your ideal system & throw it open to floor, and guage the responce, ideal for assertaining the music V's hifi debate on the other side of the pond, they have no idea how my mono's sound, so I used a known quantity whioch is close.
    The Heron's I had since December last year, 270 I'd been working on for the since the end of Feb, the sale of 001 finainced the purchace of the 27 and the nccessary bits to make it right (mind you some hours needed to sort it out), plus a bit left for a new rack. 27ix is borrowed from Bro for the comparsion
    The only unsurerity is the equipment rack, not too impressed with the couplare sound, so I will need to find a suitable replacement when I finish off the room. any suggestions apart fineite element/ BCD.
    So wise one any recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2004
    wadia-miester, Jun 20, 2004
  3. merlin

merlin

Hi Tony,

Don't really need to come and listen, I can imagine it will sound nice. But my days of persuing sonic nirvana are at an end, furniture and decor are currently of more interest:D

Still, having not listened to the system and having no idea of it's weaknesses, it would be silly to make recommendations on stands. Having said that, and knowing you like the combination of Sink and wadia, why not try an Arcici? Same advantages as the Sink, but you don't need to pump it up every week.

No doubt we will know more later this week when a few of the boys come over to listen to this true high end setup.

merlin, Jun 20, 2004
  4. merlin

analoguekid Planet Rush

Soundations, ultimo and veloce not sure if these offer enough weight on each shelf although both have matching amp stands.
    http://www.soundations.co.uk/models.html

Grand Prix Audio
    http://www.grandprixaudio.com/idx_products.htm

Obelisk audio Eminenence
    http://www.obeliskaudio.com/eminence.htm

The obelisk is prolly closest to sinks but each shelf independant and runs with compressors to maintain suspension cost£5.5K

Paul (not the wise one but I'll have to do.)

analoguekid, Jun 20, 2004
  5. merlin

Philip King Enlightened User

These racks are really popular over here, they also look fantastic in to the bargain. Definitely on the shopping list when the TV gets banished to the other room along the current Ash Designs stand :cool:

UK Distributors

Philip King, Jun 20, 2004
  6. merlin

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

For great looks aswell as being well made, my final choice was down to Finite Elemente Pagode or HNE. Went with the HNE because I got a good deal from TOM (NOS-42), and because it was an AV rack and I can get 6 components on it.

Im really pleased with the HNE, and its the most massively stable rack Ive seen yet, weighing over 100kg.

bottleneck, Jun 20, 2004
  7. merlin

The Devil IHTFP

Swallow your internet pride, WM, & get Mana. You know you want it.

The Devil, Jun 20, 2004
  8. merlin

analoguekid Planet Rush

Bub he'd need to put some nice chintz or something round the mana, afterall anyone who can put up with italian automobiles is obviously into the aesthetic as well, Look great in your setup in your big room, but wouldn't sit so well in mine.

Less of a sceptic since hearing your setup BTW.

9. merlin

merlin

It looks like Tony has spent the bulk of the cash on the hardware rather than something to sit it on - I await the Omiga Altar with baited breath.

I bet the guys can't wait to hear the new setup.

merlin, Jun 20, 2004
  10. merlin

No Mike, no alter in the offing, I'm not too fussed on way out looks, just some thing that delivers the sounds, you can cross off Finite Elemente Pagode, it may look and be built extremely well, but man its a music killer :rolleyes:
    The Couplare is cool, but it just don't do the sonics without assistance, which in my book if you paying ££ for it, it bloody well ought to.
    Mike, stuff is rather good valve at the moment, a 270 went this week for $3k.
    The speakers are not far off been run in, I've had the amps on them (radio) playing for about 10 weeks now, so the light is at the end off the tunnel :)
    James, thanks for those Kind words, but please forgive me if I politely decline.

wadia-miester, Jun 20, 2004
  11. merlin

analoguekid Planet Rush

WM you really should look at the obelisk emience, they also have a wonderful TT stand for you cdp perhaps, these things are something else.

12. merlin

The Devil IHTFP

Hi Paul,

A little elasticated skirt, or perhaps a tutu, would suit WM very well, I feel.

Cheers,

The Devil.

The Devil, Jun 21, 2004
  13. merlin

analoguekid Planet Rush

:D :D :D

analoguekid, Jun 21, 2004
  14. merlin

julian2002 Muper Soderator

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. my minds eye is now blind, thank you soooo much bub.

as for stands? get whatever you like the look of and then tweak it as you know you're going to do that anyway.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jun 21, 2004
  15. merlin

lowrider Live music is surround

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2004
    lowrider, Jun 21, 2004
  16. merlin

Sgt Rock

Tone,

Do we get any pictures of your new amps then ?

Sgt Rock, Jun 21, 2004
  17. merlin

Andy,

I did promise some didn't I, I'll get the camera off Timpy and take a trek up to yard and shoot a few, but it won't be today, far too many orders to catch up on, I'll try for the end of the week :)

wadia-miester, Jun 21, 2004
  18. merlin

merlin

So you haven't got this set up at home then mate?

Confused now as you have some visits planned this week don't you? Are you offloading the old rig?

I must admit, the bargains at the moment are downright silly - nothing shifts however if you are selling. I wouldn't bother with a rack. Just make something nice out of 1" MDF and add isolation of choice to each component. A sink under the Wadia, Cerabases, Stillpoints, the list is endless

merlin, Jun 21, 2004
  19. merlin

Mike,

No not off- loading anything, the current system will stay at chez Wm, the new stuff as you put it will be purely for a demo room, the mono's at home are just far too OTT, the inclination to turn it up is all too easy, however I feel the neighbours may start rioting else.
    I would like something neat to look at, but not Harpers & Queens, and sonicaly correct too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2004
    wadia-miester, Jun 21, 2004
  20. merlin

lowrider Live music is surround

What did you think of the Solidsteel... :confused:

lowrider, Jun 21, 2004
Ask a Question