Wotcha Matees :-)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Uncle Ants, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Uncle Ants

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Just found this place and dropped in - some familiar faces from the HFC forum in here (wotcher Goomer mate - I'm stalking ya :MILD: ) and lots of new friends too.

Hi All :)

Uncle Ants, Dec 5, 2003
  2. Uncle Ants

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Bonjour. Well now you know why HFC is pretty much dead:)

amazingtrade, Dec 5, 2003
  3. Uncle Ants

Well I did wonder. I've been a bit inactive the past while (and hanging about over on the Vinyl Asylum too much for my health).

Did you buggers all do a runner over to here then? What happened. Not more flame wars with that nasty valve amp person or anything upsetting like that I hope.

Uncle Ants, Dec 5, 2003
  4. Uncle Ants

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Well most the people that came here when this forum first started back in June/July were from HFC. I guess people just got fed up of the HFC site being slow and unreliable when this is much more reliable. Aslo the moderation here is suburb much better than HFC.

amazingtrade, Dec 5, 2003
  5. Uncle Ants

Aha. Well the setup here seems a lot slicker. I think I'll hang around :)

Uncle Ants, Dec 5, 2003
  6. Uncle Ants

Goomer

So I see. Moderators - there is a restraining order against this man which prevents his words appearing within 50 feet of mine.....looks like I just broke the rules of my own court order ;)

Welcome, Uncle Ants - everyone listen to this man's Johnny Cash recommendations.

:)

Goomer, Dec 5, 2003
  7. Uncle Ants

davidcotton prog rocker, proud of it!

Actually the precursor to this forum was called "GrooveHandle" (hence the rather big "G" in the name). Groovehandle was created during one of hfc forums many downtimes as a place to hang out. For various reasons Groovehandle died and Zerogain was created to carry on the tradition.

History lesson over!

Oh and welcome btw :)

davidcotton, Dec 5, 2003
  8. Uncle Ants

PBirkett VTEC Addict

IIRC, the Zerogain logo looked like that long before Groovehandle. Am I right Mike?

PBirkett, Dec 5, 2003
  9. Uncle Ants

michaelab desafinado

You are right :) The fact that I had the domain name zerogain.com and the logo like that and that it seems to fit reasonably well with a hifi forum is just a coincidence really as I never remotely considered running a hifi forum until the untimely demise of GrooveHandle.

The only thing that came from GrooveHandle was the tagline under the logo ;) It's been suggested I should change it now but I think the tagline rather nicely sums up the ZG feel.

I chose the domain name after spending days (literally) looking for a reasonably cool domain name for myself and finally plumping for ZeroGain which was actually the suggestition of a friend who isn't remotely into hifi.

Since ZG has become quite 'big' I ought really to move my personal stuff off the ZG 'home' page and stick it under one of my other domains and then create a proper homepage for ZG which is related to the forum.

The logo could do with a re-design though...watch this space :)

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 5, 2003
Ask a Question