Would I be a complete idiot....

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Dynamic Turtle, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Dynamic Turtle

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Jack I think you need to hear some more amplifiers, MF are extremely poor, sounds squawky very poor resolution, the Berning absolutely destroyed it.

Purite Audio, Mar 1, 2008
  2. Dynamic Turtle

mickm

musical fidelity

think musical fidelity do themselves no favours with there over hyped markerting , ive owned a couple of there older class a integrated amps , a1 and the a1000 which i found to be loverly amps but if we are to believe musical fidelity every amp or cd player they have built since then has thrashed the previous model even claiming now that amps with less than 200 watts or so are not worth listerning to ? if this is the case it makes alot of there old stock useless , and there current models streaks ahead of the older ones which is not the case as i had chance to run a nu vista at the same time i owned the a 1000 and i found the a1000 far superior in terms of sound quality in every way but of course it did not have the driving capabilties if we are to believe that most speakers req hundreds of class a/b watts instead of quality class a but thats another issue , musical fidelity make some fine products for the money , well built and appeal to those who like there sonic signature im always a bit suspect of any company that claims every other product they produce is far better than the previous one and they certainly seem to always get there products into most hifi mags for review and some follow the hype that indeed its far superior to anythink else mabye because the reviewer will end up owning it , who knows ? may be that its best you try before you buy or suck it and see ,cannot believe for one moment that the kw is a bad amp but certainly think you should keep your options open , mick

mickm, Mar 1, 2008
  3. Dynamic Turtle

ScarletPimpernl

Hi Turtle,
    I you're keen on auditioning a MF Kw500, I am selling mine as I'm going down the tube route. Don't listen to the NaySayers who seem to enjoy slagging off MF (that includes Coops who is slagging off my amp as it's the one he heard!): these Amps are fantasticly good at speed. transients and bass, anyway, it's each to their own. I'm in North London, I'll happily demonstrate it. Ex. cond. Looking for £2100 (RRP £4k)
    Cheers, SP

ScarletPimpernl, Mar 19, 2008
  4. Dynamic Turtle

ScarletPimpernl

Interesting that's your take on the MF stuff Coops, considering you said the ASR Transmitters were about the same, and now you're recommending them? :MILD:

ScarletPimpernl, Mar 19, 2008
  5. Dynamic Turtle

Do you think the MF is a good amp SP?
    SP I am not just picking on your amp, I have heard several MF products I haven't been impressed yet, re the ASR Emitter it did a job with my B&W's but I wouldn't go back to solid state now.

Purite Audio, Mar 19, 2008
  6. Dynamic Turtle

Papa Lazarou

Karan KA I 180 integrated.

I bought one last week. It surely must be one of the best solid-state integrateds on the market. Beats the Lavardin with ease and IMO will easily surpass the KW500 without breaking a sweat.

Papa Lazarou, Mar 20, 2008
  7. Dynamic Turtle

Berning/Karan bake-off might be interesting!

Purite Audio, Mar 20, 2008
  8. Dynamic Turtle

ScarletPimpernl

Hi Papa,
    Interestin to see these are Serbian. How did you get hold of a unit? Can't see any distributors here in UK? Sounds v. interesting.

SP

ScarletPimpernl, Mar 20, 2008
  9. Dynamic Turtle

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

In the UK, Audiofreaks have been distrubuting this amp for some time.

http://www.audiofreaks.co.uk/underc.htm

SCIDB

SCIDB, Mar 20, 2008
Ask a Question