Would you say this is a scam ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sir Galahad, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad Harmonia Mundi

Hi All,

Just received this morning, from both my IPs the following message :

Dear <name of IP> Member,

Your e-mail account was used to send a huge amount of unsolicited spam messages during the recent week. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and confirm the attached document so you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to cancel your membership.

Virtually yours,
    The <name of IP> Support Team

I obviously did not open the attachment. Has anyone ever seen something like this ?

Thanks

Sir Galahad, Jun 20, 2005
  2. Sir Galahad

Joe

Yes. I've had similar emails from (allegedly) Paypal and eBay saying unless I clicked on the link below I would be unable to continue using their services. I ignored both the messages and nothing happened. I suppose you could ring your IP just to be on the safe side.

Joe, Jun 20, 2005
  3. Sir Galahad

auric FOSS

Looks like you may have caught a dose of MYDOOM.M shitware, virus or whatever you wish to call it. Have a look at the google link to see just where "Your e-mail account was used to send a huge amount of unsolicited" . . is being discussed on the web.

auric, Jun 20, 2005
  4. Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad Harmonia Mundi

Thanks Joe and Auric,

I should have done that in the first place. I found confirmation on Google. This message is all over the place apparently. I'll bounce it.

Have a good day

Sir Galahad, Jun 20, 2005
Ask a Question