WTD - vinyl copy of Dark Side of the Moon

Wanted: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Goomer, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Goomer

Goomer

WTD: Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl

No jokes, please, but I'm after a decent(Ex/Ex ideally) vinyl copy of DSOTM with the 2 posters and 2 stickers - I have the cd and would love to hear the original vinyl version(although not the madly priced blue triangle one - a bit rich for my pockets).

Will pay cash, obviously, but I have 400+ lp's/cds that I will be selling at some point, so there's always the possibilty of a trade if you're interested.

Drop me a pm if you have one spare.

Thanks,

Chris.

Goomer, Feb 20, 2005
  2. Goomer

robert_cyrus

try netsounds.com, lots of copies there (looking myself), also look out for 30 year anniversary heavy vinyl

robert_cyrus, Feb 20, 2005
  3. Goomer

Goomer

Thanks for the tips, Robert - will do. I have a feeling that I'll end up with the 30th anniversay copy, judging by the prices of older copies.

Thanks again,

Chris.

Goomer, Feb 21, 2005
  4. Goomer

specialk Luna-tic

Push the boat out....

...if you can afford it.

I have three copies of DSOTM of vinyl, including the EMI 180g Classic reissue, but the best by a very large margin is the Mobile Fidelity cut.

It's expensive, until you hear it !

Graham

specialk, Feb 21, 2005
  5. Goomer

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Chris,

A quick glance over at epay, shows plenty of original DSOTMs going for less than a tenner (or is there some special "Original" orginal release that I'm unaware of?)

Uncle Ants, Feb 21, 2005
  6. Goomer

Goomer

Cheers, Uncle Ants - I may end up using ebay as a last resort(a fair few bad experiences of vinyl purchases on there now for me to rush into another). Thought I'd try the forums first as it seems more likely that I'll get a well looked after copy, if you see what I mean.

I've actually spoken to a lady locally a few minutes ago who is selling a few bits and pieces of her late husband's collection, including(she thinks) some Pink Floyd, so we'll see what that turns up. She did also mention Bert Kampfert (sp?) and James Last, though, so I'm not holding my breathe.

There's a first pressing (matrix ends A2/B2) with a solid light blue triangle on the label(later ones have a dark triangle I think) which lists at £400.00 if mint. I'm not(for obvious reasons) looking for this version, just a decent early one with the bits and bobs.

Cheers,

Chris.

Goomer, Feb 21, 2005
  7. Goomer

Sorry to hear it. I've had one or two bad experiences (but out of 40 or 50 good ones) with ebay, but the seller sorted it on both occasions. Wouldn't have thought DSOTM would be too difficult to lay your hands on, not given the number of the bloody things that were pressed

Was that a Pink Floyd joke? ;)

Well I never new that. Mine btw is worn ragged and the stickers and posters were stuck to my teenage walls long ago. Maybe I should keep an eye out for a new copy myself. Need to get a new copy of Wish You Were Here first though as that's almost worn transparent.

Uncle Ants, Feb 21, 2005
  8. Goomer

Goomer

Nah...a Pink Floyd joke would be 'The Delicate Sound of Thunder'.

Boom boom.

Goomer, Feb 21, 2005
  9. Goomer

Goomer

Well, who'd of thunk it. Just got back from aforementioned ladies' house, with 20 lp's under my arm, including the aforementioned light blue triangle version of DSOTM. My lucky day, for sure.

Thanks to all those with suggestions but I think I'm now sorted. On a side note, if anyone is interested in a mint B&O Beocentre 8500 with turntable and matching speakers, I know where there's one going. And it doesn't sound half bad, either.

Cheers,

Chris.

Goomer, Feb 21, 2005
  10. Goomer

robert_cyrus

i do hope u came clean, and paid the going rate

robert_cyrus, Feb 21, 2005
  11. Goomer

robert_cyrus

12. Goomer

Jammy git. Anything else good. I presume the light blue triangle DSOTM is "special" cos its rare - or is it supposed to be a better pressing?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2005
    Uncle Ants, Feb 21, 2005
  13. Goomer

robert_cyrus

dark side of the moon meets the wizard of oz

14. Goomer

Bob McC living the life of Riley

The very first pressing of DSOTM absolutely murders the Mobile Fidelity pressing which I have owned and was glad to sell on.
    Bob

Bob McC, Feb 21, 2005
  15. Goomer

Goomer

She wanted 50p an album, and without going into too much detail let's just say I paid a lot more than she was asking, and more than the 30th anniversary one. She didn't want to take more, being (I think) a lady of means and glad that it went to someone who would enjoy it, which I will.

A mint copy of 'Sgt. Pepper', albeit an early 70's reissue, half a dozen or so mint Santana albums, some George Benson (mainly cos of the drummers on them), P.J. Proby, Donna Summer, and an Edward Woodward lp(as in 'The Equalizer). I don't have another vinyl version of DSOTM to compare it to, but in comparison to the cd I have, the vinyl sounds lovely: fantastic bass and - despite needing a clean and having a few surface marks - really quiet too.

I'm now off to listen to 'Sgt. Pepper', and - if I'm feeling sad enough, may compare it to the dmm version in the breadbin vinyl set I have.

Chris.

PS Robert - that 'Wizard of Oz' thing makes for a good read, if slightly bizarre.

Goomer, Feb 21, 2005
  16. Goomer

Like one of these ?

That was a bit of a find then Chris. Mind you if the sales spiel on this item is true then it'll get yer cones flapping even worse than the more comon issues :rolleyes:

Uncle Ants, Feb 21, 2005
  17. Goomer

Goomer

That's the one. Not too sure about that sellers spiel but it sounds ace to me. My next purchase shall be a copy of 'The Wizard of Oz' so I can enjoy DSOTM to it's maximum potential.

Forgot, too, that amongst the other lp's was a mint pressing of Lennon's 'Imagine'. All in all, a good purchase I think.

Goomer, Feb 21, 2005
  18. Goomer

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Wow - you lucky s*d!!! My two copies of DSOTM are both lined-blue triangle, one with all stickers and posters, and the other with just 1 poster but all stickers. One sounds rough-ish, the other sounds great.

...as with you though, am looking for a better copy of WYWH - mine's ****ed (but was only a quid in MVE, and plays OK - just looks awful, with one deep scratch).

Now you need Arnold Layne on 7inch ;)

domfjbrown, Feb 23, 2005
  19. Goomer

Goomer

Yeah...if I post a wanted ad for this, and for a copy of that madly rare John's Children single, I will no doubt talk one up. What's that bit from Wayne's World 2...."if you ask them...they will come....".

Focusing my third eye now....

So anyone help me out with aforemention singles?

Chris.

Goomer, Feb 23, 2005
Ask a Question