www.hi-fiadverts.co.uk

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by Robb, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Robb

Robb www.hi-fiadverts.co.uk

Hi Guys

I hope you dont mind me coming over her and pedaling my wares, we have just started a new free secondhand hifi and av site at www.hi-fiadverts.co.uk.

Our ambition is to make this resource the number one site in the UK and as such will incorporate a lot of new features over the coming months such as a reviews site, auction site and manufacturers datatbase.

Similar to the facilities on Audiogon but utilising more sofisticated scripting and hence more searchable.

Before you all ask I accept there is a similarity between our site and hififorsale the reason is simple I designed and worked for the afor mentioned company before it went into liquidation.

Anyway guys I hope you check out the site and find it useful, feedback would be great, honesty would also be appreciated as it is only with feedback that we can move this site forwards.

Robb, Apr 3, 2009
  2. Robb

Class A

Well done.... its all good.

Class A, Apr 4, 2009
  3. Robb

Thanks Class A, is there anything you would like on the site guys, Auction for anyone?

Robb, Apr 6, 2009
  4. Robb

lbr monkey boy

Hi, photos of the stuff for sale would be nice if that's a feasible function to add.

lbr, Apr 6, 2009
  5. Robb

Thanks lbr that function is already there unfortunatley most users cant be bothered to upload a photo.

If only people would realise that by adding a photo the chances of selling your item increased 3 fold.

Robb, Apr 6, 2009
  6. Robb

lbr monkey boy

Sorry, I should have spotted that. I just saw lots of ads without and jumped to the wrong conclusion - lazy sods the lot of 'em!

lbr, Apr 6, 2009
  7. Robb

Class A

YES, you should be able to leave the RRP blank or ???? since not everyone knows the full retail prices especially on older stuff.

Also some kind of sellers/buyers scores like a star or a tick for every transaction completed just like the German Audio Markt. This will combat some of the Scum bags who pray on these kind of sites.

Cheers.

Class A, Apr 7, 2009
  8. Robb

Thanks for the Feed back Class A If you leave the RRp blank now the advert when it is updated shows the rrp as unknown. This is an update that has been done in the last few days, so information on the site will not reflect this change.

I do like the idea of buyer and seller feedback and I do like the idea of this simple scoring system this way someone who sells lots of products is not too heavily penalised by one aukward buyer.

Thanks feedback greatly appreciated

Robb, Apr 7, 2009
  9. Robb

nando nando

it is funny that when you try to join and enter the correct details, it can block you although every detail is fine it has a forum, i will stick to the one and only ZEROGAIN MASTERS, f. the rest,
    nando

nando, Apr 13, 2009
Ask a Question