Yay!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by davidcotton, Nov 17, 2003.

1. davidcotton

davidcotton prog rocker, proud of it!

Well the superdacs just arrived at home and I've got a week of work :)

The bad news :-

I can't play with it because I haven't got a coaxial ic or adaptors for the jacks, and the hifi shops round here all have the very quaint custom of being closed on mondays, doh!

So it looks like I'll have to pop in to Movement tomorrow to pick up either an ixos or qed coaxial. Can't wait.

This will be my first upgrade since buying the missions about a year or two ago.

Cheers.

EDITED TO ADD:-

Just been looking at the power supply and didnt realise the 9v power pack would be two pronged us style. I have one of those adaptor plugs that have "for shavers only" on them that let you plug two pronged and then plug them into the wallsocket. Would that be safe to use for the time being or would I be better of getting someone to build me a dedicated psu? I also have a musical fidelity xpsu, is it possible to use that instead or would I just fry the dac and possibly the house electricals as well?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2003
    davidcotton, Nov 17, 2003
  2. davidcotton

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

If I recall correctly, the X-psu gives a 12V DC output? This is NOT suitable for the superdac, which requires a 9V AC input.

Check the current rating on the shaver thing... the superdac requires only 500mA at 9V AC, so at 240V, the current required is truly minimal. Proceed at your own risk...

I-S, Nov 17, 2003
  3. davidcotton

technobear Ursine Audiophile

The important point here is surely whether the 9V power pack will accept 240V. It's electrical specs should be printed on it somewhere.

technobear, Nov 17, 2003
  4. davidcotton

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

How are you getting on with this?

I-S, Nov 18, 2003
  5. davidcotton

davidcotton prog rocker, proud of it!

Its all wrapped up nice and neat in a box ready to be sent of to Wadiameister. He's very kindly going to do the Rca mods for me (me=cackhanded:D ).

Will be going out to him tomorrow.

davidcotton, Nov 18, 2003
Ask a Question