Ye Ol Written Word

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Jul 7, 2003.

1. MO!

Philip King Enlightened User

Yeah Angels and Demons had the end given away by some unnecessary details that occur early on in the book, none the less a fun few days read.

Gonna take a look at one of the "truth" behind the Da Vinci Code books, and try and sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

Philip King, Sep 3, 2004
  2. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

After stopping and starting, I managed to get round to finishing Bill Brysons "A short history of nearly everything".

Really really enjoyed it. There's pretty much something on every page that you want to underline and remember for later. Doesn't just tell you what is "known". Tells you how it's known.

Very highly recommended!

After that I managed to get round to reading "The curious incident of the dog in the night time". A really quick and enjoyable read. Very well written and also highly recommended.

And now.... Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince :D

MO!, Jan 20, 2006
  3. MO!

la toilette Downright stupid

I finished 'To Kill a Mockingbird' t'other day (Harper Lee), third time I've read it. Great book, one of my favourite ever, if you've never read it you're missing out.

Another classic waiting on the shelf to be started, one that I've never read: On The Road' by Kerouac. Now, if only I could get those kids to shut up for 30 mins I'd have a chance to start it....!:rolleyes:

la toilette, Jan 21, 2006
  4. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

It took me a few attempts to work my way through On the road. Well worth reading though.

MO!, Jan 22, 2006
  5. MO!

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Currently Terry Pratchett - Night Watch and Alastair Reynolds - Pushing Ice. Recently finished:

Peter F Hamilton - Judas Unchained
    Iain M Banks - The Algebraist
    Alastair Reynolds - Redemption Ark

I-S, Jan 22, 2006
  6. MO!

Neil

Daniel Mason - "The Piano Tuner" - amazing descriptive tale by a (comparitively) young guy.

Neil, Jan 22, 2006
  7. MO!

Graham C

Hugh Johnson - A life uncorked

A vast rambling book. You can dip in it though.

Fascinating in parts, but I get lost on the subtleties of French 'terroir'. Plenty to learn from it though. I just need 3 cellars now..

Graham C, Jan 22, 2006
  8. MO!

midlifecrisis Firm member

dipping between 'Auschwitz', which I leave in blank horror to do a chapter of Dawkins' The Ancestor's Tale' which I leave in cross-eyed confusion to return to 'Auschwitz' which...

midlifecrisis, Jan 23, 2006
Ask a Question