Your alltime favourite source...?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Haselsh1, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Haselsh1

mr cat Member of the month

cairn :)

mr cat, Nov 27, 2008
  2. Haselsh1

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

got to be my squeezebox 3, controlled through my laptop.

I read about the music, visit the artists website, watch the artist in concert etc while listening to the tracks etc.

I love it!

bottleneck, Nov 27, 2008
  3. Haselsh1

digital convert

pink triangle PT 2...still yearn for it now but it was poorly built and it had to go cos it just wouldn't have lasted......if only Pink Triangle could have built it properly...

digital convert, Nov 27, 2008
  4. Haselsh1

narabdela

Linn LP12, SME 3009 mk2(fixed), ADC ZLM.

narabdela, Nov 27, 2008
  5. Haselsh1

lohe

Must be the KEF Cresta2s when I started this hobby. They are something special, like a first love. I recall when talking with my girlfriend over the phone one night, she asked about the female voice in the room. That was Diana Krall singing at low volume!!! I had a hard time explaining.
    Been moving forward ever since, but those KEFs are definitely my all time favourite. At £40 secondhand, they were a massive bargain.

lohe, Nov 27, 2008
  6. Haselsh1

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Currently nothing to touch high res pc supplied audio via highly upgraded Esoteric D-05 dac, simply sublime.

wadia-miester, Nov 27, 2008
  7. Haselsh1

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

It all depends what your design beliefs and concept are. I am not personally a believer in coupling either arms or platters to high mass so, no, I don't think it's that great an idea (others may well disagree). In addition, the specific materials chosen, and their specific construction methods, will all impact upon the sound reproduction. What specific hardwoods, the size of the battens, the glue used etc. will all influence the end result. Ultimately, you have to build and experiment. In addition, it is a good idea to read up on lots of different designs - try to think why the designer made the decisions he did - do you find them valid, can you see an improvement etc? There are no shortcuts.

YNMOAN, Nov 27, 2008
Ask a Question